I just bought the Tour 9630 (VZN) and want to move Calendar, Notes, Tasks and Datebook from the Treo to my new Tour. I installed v5 of the BB Desktop Manager, but when I try the "Device Switch Wizrd", it seems to have major problems even recognizing the Treo. I have v6.2.2 of Palm Desktop installed.

Can anyone help me out here?

09-16-09 04:18 AM
    Is this such a bizarre request? Noone else has this same issue?

I search these forums and I cannot find an answer to this probem. Please, if anyone else can give me any info on this, greatly appreciated!!

09-17-09 05:19 AM
    I just bought a Tour, used a Treo 755p previously. Been using Palm software for years and am very attatched to it. I did a lot of research before I bought the Tour and knew there was no way to export from the Treo to the Tour. I am having a hard time with the differences, even though I love many of the features on the Tour. I dont like having to use Yahoo as my desktop storage base (I dont have Outlook). My contact list never syncs correctly. Memo's are working ok. Calendar... forget it. If Blackberry would just let you assign different colors to different events like Palm does, I would be golden. I cant accept this having to go to different web sites and make different calendars, then assign them colors and blend them together. Me on Google, husband on Yahoo.. what a PIA. There has to be a better solution ????
    By the way, Yahoo states you can import Palm's contents into there templates, but I am not able to get it too work. Good Luck
    09-17-09 09:41 PM
    Thank you for the info. I really saw no other way than to just install Outlook and go from Palm > Outlook > Treo. I caled VZN and they said to use Outlook. What sucks is I have Vista and use Windows Calendar and Windows Mail, so my using Outlook now for the BB is a bit redundant.
    Thanks again,
    09-18-09 06:20 PM
    I also can't seem to migrate data (contact, etc) from desktop palm to my BB9630. BB desktop mger doesn't recognize either the 650 Treo or the desktop palm app. I did try to export all my contacts, and upload to by BB via BB desktop mger, but didn't upload the content in the correct areas. I wiped all the info off my BB since it was over 150 bad records and it would take too long to delete each on individually. Let me know if anyone finds a way to migrate contacts other than going from desktop palm -> Outlook -> BB desktop.

09-29-09 12:41 PM
    I was able to move my Treo 650 contact data to my BB 9630 using the BB desktop mgr. Here are the steps. I only use my Palm Desktop software for contact so I'm not sure if the calendar, tasks, and other data would also migrate.

1. Sync your Treo to Palm Desktop so all your info is current in both places. Make sure you are using Palm desktop manager 4.1.4. If not then remove your current version of Palm desktop, then reload with version 4.1.4 - you can get this version free from Palm.

2. Install 4.14 then hot sync your Treo so all your info is update in the Palm desktop.

3. Now using BB desktop mgr (v5.0.0.11), you can use the Device Switch Wizard. Previously when I had Palm Desktop 6.0 the BB software didn't recognize the app, but it does for 4.1.4. From here just follow the BB desktop wizards.

Good luck
    09-29-09 01:53 PM