So I bought a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card and put it into my BlackBerry. At first I couldn't get the BlackBerry to see the card so I did a format from the Options menu, but even after that I'm having a hard time transferring some music.

The files just copy extremely slow, and then after getting around 30 MB done it freezes and the disk ejects and I get the device was removed improperly message as if someone pulled the plug from my device. And then my BB freezes a little and then it's back to normal but it complains that it can't read the card. What's the deal?
    12-12-07 12:18 PM
    Tried it now with a 4 GB SDHC card. The card works if I use a proper SD adapter into a card reader. Any clues why my 8130 doesn't want to transfer large bits of info over USB?
    12-17-07 05:32 PM
    So I bought a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card and put it into my BlackBerry. At first I couldn't get the BlackBerry to see the card so I did a format from the Options menu, but even after that I'm having a hard time transferring some music.

The files just copy extremely slow, and then after getting around 30 MB done it freezes and the disk ejects and I get the device was removed improperly message as if someone pulled the plug from my device. And then my BB freezes a little and then it's back to normal but it complains that it can't read the card. What's the deal?
    This sounds like an issues with the card. I would try to replace it. Worse case scenario is your berry is having an issue with reading the card. But chances are the card is funky.

Where did you buy it? Was it "new" new or just new to you?
    12-17-07 05:47 PM
    This sounds like an issues with the card. I would try to replace it. Worse case scenario is your berry is having an issue with reading the card. But chances are the card is funky.

Where did you buy it? Was it "new" new or just new to you?
    Nope, it's definitely the Berry. I've tried several cards and again the cards work when plugged into any standard memory card reader. Just via USB mass storage mode does the transfer crap out.

It looks like it's a known issue though (I must just be finding every "known" issue).

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Known Issues

"BlackBerry 8130 Mounting Problems - Users are reporting errors when trying to mount the BlackBerry 8130 as a USB mass storage device. The ability to mount on the Mac desktop as a Mass USB Storage device is functionality built into the BlackBerry 8130 and is not controlled by The Missing Sync software. But, if you can't mount the card on the Mac, you can't use The Missing Sync to synchronize photos, music or files to the card. We are actively investigating this issue, but recommend NOT mounting the card with the BlackBerry 8130 at this time."
    12-18-07 08:12 AM
    I'm having the same problem, I think it has to do with the mac - not the blackberry, because I also have a pc and can transfer everything without a problem, including 50 or so pics at a time.

But on the mac, the phone crashes and it says the memory card is jacked up with errors. After a few soft resets, it will once again recognize the card without a problem.

Strange and weird.
    12-20-07 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD