Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I've had some problems with my email accounts lately and I was hoping it was possible to back up my emails on my BlackBerry to my computer as data files (I think this can be done for voicemails and text messages with various programs). To be clear, I don't need to sync my emails with Outlook or Gmail or anything similar. I just want to save the emails that are currently on my Blackberry as backup data files on my computer so I could review them at a later date, if necessary. Is this possible and if so how is it done?

Help from the CrackBerry community would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    09-17-13 05:26 PM
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I've had some problems with my email accounts lately and I was hoping it was possible to back up my emails on my BlackBerry to my computer as data files (I think this can be done for voicemails and text messages with various programs). To be clear, I don't need to sync my emails with Outlook or Gmail or anything similar. I just want to save the emails that are currently on my Blackberry as backup data files on my computer so I could review them at a later date, if necessary. Is this possible and if so how is it done?

Help from the CrackBerry community would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    You can create a 'custom' backup via the Desktop Manager (I assume that you're using OS7 since your profile says your device is a 9900). When you create a backup, you can select full or custom. If you select custom, you are given a list of all of the components that get backed up. Select messages. This will create a backup file containing only your emails. This file is not viewable. To reference these emails in the future, you would do another custom backup with your current set of messages, then restore the original custom backup with your 'archived' messages. Then when you're done, just restore the second (current) backup file to put you back to where you were to start. Keep in mind that restoring messages (or any other component for that matter) wipes out the current set of messages and replaces them with messages from the backup file.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-17-13 07:36 PM