I see that this is a similar issue to what others have experiencing, but I can't find help for exactly this. I am ready to pull my hair out and would appreciate any help at all!

I can successfully tether through the DM (v.5.0.1) on my old laptop, with a 8330 and US cellular. I installed the DM software in March'10 from my original disc that has version 4.5 and I assume I updated it from the web to 5.0.1 after that. When I pull up the DM on my desktop PC (also v.5.0.1) I still see the modem option.

So I got a new laptop, installed dm 4.5 from that same old disc, no modem option shows. I swear it did before. Updated it to v. 5.0, still no modem option. What did I do differently between installing it in March and now? I uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and am having no luck.

Thanks for reading.
    12-19-10 07:19 PM
    I see that this is a similar issue to what others have experiencing, but I can't find help for exactly this. I am ready to pull my hair out and would appreciate any help at all!

I can successfully tether through the DM (v.5.0.1) on my old laptop, with a 8330 and US cellular. I installed the DM software in March'10 from my original disc that has version 4.5 and I assume I updated it from the web to 5.0.1 after that. When I pull up the DM on my desktop PC (also v.5.0.1) I still see the modem option.

So I got a new laptop, installed dm 4.5 from that same old disc, no modem option shows. I swear it did before. Updated it to v. 5.0, still no modem option. What did I do differently between installing it in March and now? I uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and am having no luck.

Thanks for reading.
    Try Tether and save yourself the hassle of trying to get DM to do it. And unless you get your current tethering for free, this is a much better option as it's just a one-time fee to buy the software. Also available from the Crackberry software store.
    12-19-10 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Genomos I'll definitely look into that. Yes, I was tethering for free through the DM, but I had a feeling that wouldn't last forever when US cellular started offering tethering plans.

I tried copying the DM software to a flash drive from the laptop I tether on to the new one, but that's not seeming to work (I can't get the DM to run at all from a flash drive.
    12-19-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD