I am absolutely terrified by BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0.36.

I hardly use BDS for my BlackBerry devices, I have always used the Loader.

Today was the first time I have opened BlackBerry Desktop Software with the intent of actually using it to re-install an application (Password Keeper).

Going through the nice looking UI, working towards re-installing my application, it takes a while but I am patient. I look at it for a while and I have this petrified feeling. I think to myself, "[shenanigans] What is this?"

I leave because of the utter confusion and fright of using an application with an over-decorated user interface with its fancy colors and type fonts. I quicklu discover that I cannot restore Password Keeper using the Application Loader, and refuse to search the forums to find a way around this. I go back to BDS.

I go back, I suck it up, I let it update my OS for apparently there is a updated version of my OS when I thought mine was updated to the latest version, install and uninstall the applications, and let it go about its business. It is actually going about its business as I write this.

To end this short due to time constraints I will safely assume BDS is taking good care of my Bold 9000 that I have named Silvia the Third.

Overall the moral of this story, well, you can figure one out, the highest level of well-rounded English I completed was IB English HL2 in high school (I feel that College Composition II was not that complex), so I am rusty.

I wish to never use BDS again, although at least I know in the future I can put another window in front of it and type away.

The end.

Feel free to leave your comments and thoughts here.

UPDATE:

It also installed Visual Voice Mail, Voice Dialing and it didn't update my 5.0. Back to Loader to remove things, I don't have application space for this and I can't delete from Loader, I guess I have to do a full re-install huh.
    Last edited by CL8Baller; 12-07-11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typos
    12-07-11 09:51 AM
  2. T
    I like BDS, especially the newest version (6). I use it every couple of days to make an encrypted backup file. It also has a terrific "Files" feature which allows me quickly and conveniently to move encrypted media files (in my case pictures) back and forth between media card and pc using a simple drag and drop method.

As for device OS updates, I've always used BDS and never had a problem, but I do like options. What is app loader? I hope someone will post a link to instructions on how to use it.
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-07-11 06:09 PM
    It's been awhile since I've done it but when you run loader (app loader) to install an OS you can check and uncheck things that you either want to install or don't want to install. I"m not sure if running loader without installing gives you this option or not.

I rarely use DM to do anything but backups as I don't sync anything. I'm unsure if DM gives you the same options to check and uncheck or not. But a search may tell.

Tonis, I'm surprised that you don't know what app loader is unless the app part threw you off? You have been here for awhile lol.

EDIT: I see you're on OS 5? Have you used BBSAK or any of the other tools? They allow you to add and remove also.

Here you go Tonis http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-07-11 at 06:20 PM. Reason: add about bbsak add link
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-07-11 06:17 PM
  4. T
    ... Tonis, I'm surprised that you don't know what app loader is unless the app part threw you off? You have been here for awhile lol ...

Here you go Tonis How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    Yea, I'm on the newest release of OS 6 (Sprint 706), but I never learned that part about app loader, lol. I mean, I always read people discussing the option, but I just never ventured into that realm myself. So, thanks for the link! I'll check it out and add it to the arsenal (or tootlbox).
    12-07-11 06:38 PM
    Yea, I'm on the newest release of OS 6 (Sprint 706), but I never learned that part about app loader, lol. I mean, I always read people discussing the option, but I just never ventured into that realm myself. So, thanks for the link! I'll check it out and add it to the arsenal (or tootlbox).
    Nice, I prefer loading my OS using loader. I guess if DM has always worked there would be no reason to try loader.
    12-07-11 06:52 PM
    BDS is nice, but it just id that its "connecting" and just doesn't. Tried different cables and reloading the sw but nothing.
    12-11-11 08:59 PM
  7. T
    It can take up to thirty seconds to connect. If it takes longer or never connects, try rebooting your computer and/or BlackBerry.
    12-11-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD