I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and cannot get my contacts to sync.

I was using XP with an older version of Outlook (2003) and it worked fine. Now Windows 7 wont recognize Outlook 2003 ad if I upgrade to Outlook 2010 it wont talk to the the DTM to configure. DTM 5.01

I tried using Windows in XPM mode and Outlook 2003 works fine but the DTM wont talk to the phone. DTM 5.0

Anybody have this working or is it just a work around? I may just end up using my netbook for this.

02-21-10 11:40 AM
    I was having a similar problem...I set up a 'google email' and used the google sync...worked awesome! 101 contacts transferred in a couple of minutes, then it offered to 'merge' duplicate contacts where I had a phone number for one person under a certain name and an email for the same person under a different name. What a trick! Now I have 91 contacts with no dupes and all the info for each person in one contact file.
    Last edited by christopherp; 02-21-10 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-21-10 12:50 PM
    I may have to try that again. When I synced with my Gmail account before it was a total disaster. My G1/google listed all my contacts ie John Smith instead of
    Smith, John so I had to install all my contacts backwards last name in the first name slot and when I synced it was a mess, i had 2 of everything but all in different places it took hours to clean up.

I think I will try and make a new gmail account linked to the phone and same it that way. Worst case scenario might be to just use the Netbook for a few tasks until fixes come out.
    02-21-10 01:27 PM