Hello. I am using a Mac, and would like to synch my iTunes music with my BB Storm. Pocket Mac is a pain, as it DOES NOT work with my Storm. And before I pay $40 for Missing Sync, I would like to see if there's another alternative. Any suggestions?
    02-25-09 11:53 PM
    I also have a Mac. FYI Rim is supposedly coming out with a Desktop Manager for Mac soon. Until then, I have a program that converts AAC files to MP3. Then I just plug my phone into the MacBook and drop the MP3 version onto my MicroSD. It works great, I have like 6GB of music on it now with no problems.

Good luck!
    02-26-09 12:07 AM
    Oh and by the way, go to m.google.com in your BB browser and download google sync. It allows you to sync your BB cal and contacts with your gmail (if you don't have one just make a gmail account). Then you can set up iCal to sync with your gmail account. Its the bomb workaround until BB will play nice with Mac.
    02-26-09 12:09 AM
    02-26-09 12:50 AM
    what type of mac are you running? i have a macbook (black) running osx 10.4 and pocketmac works fine and is a great way for sinking with itunes. the only other thing you could try is enable the mass storage mode and transfer music that way. but if you have osx 10.5 rim's site has a new music manager for macs but it only works on 10.5 so maybe give that a shot its only a trial liek iamjewels19 mentioned but it will do the job for now.
    02-26-09 02:14 AM
    i downloaded double twist as a way to sync my storm to my macbook. i used the usb cable to connect and it doesn't read or connect. anyone have a solution? i tried taking out the battery rebooting my macbook still no luck....weirdddd
    02-26-09 02:25 AM
    i downloaded double twist as a way to sync my storm to my macbook. i used the usb cable to connect and it doesn't read or connect. anyone have a solution? i tried taking out the battery rebooting my macbook still no luck....weirdddd
    It took me a good 30-45 minutes to figure it out, and I'm still not sure if all of this is needed, but it is working for me:

go download pocketmac and install. then download the updated drivers for the storm and install (not sure if this step is needed for the drivers or not)

install double twist.
    on your phone, go into options>memory>change auto enable mass storage mode when connected to "prompt". hit the return key and click save.
    attach your phone to the macbook and start up double twist. it should show up. good luck!
    02-26-09 03:49 AM
    Go to BlackBerry.com and download BlackBerry Media Sync. It is specifically for Mac users. Simple, Easy, and quick.
    02-26-09 07:40 AM
    Just pay the money for The Missing Sync. I have been using it and it works wicked! I can sync everything iCal, iPhoto, iTunes, Address Book, etc.. And now the new version you can proximity sync via bluetooth. Well worth the money!!
    02-26-09 07:52 AM
    Just pay the money for The Missing Sync. I have been using it and it works wicked! I can sync everything iCal, iPhoto, iTunes, Address Book, etc.. And now the new version you can proximity sync via bluetooth. Well worth the money!!
    Does missing sync transfer iTunes DRM files? I've bought all my songs off of iTunes and do not want to convert them.
    02-26-09 09:42 AM
    WTF is DRM files? I have never bought any song, movie, anything and it all transfers fine.
    02-26-09 10:32 AM
    what type of mac are you running? i have a macbook (black) running osx 10.4 and pocketmac works fine and is a great way for sinking with itunes. the only other thing you could try is enable the mass storage mode and transfer music that way. but if you have osx 10.5 rim's site has a new music manager for macs but it only works on 10.5 so maybe give that a shot its only a trial liek iamjewels19 mentioned but it will do the job for now.
    i agree with this as well...i was looking for a way to sync up some of my music from itunes with the berry and walla..music on my berry...here is the link for blackberry media sync

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    02-26-09 10:36 AM
    check out the main page on crackberry for a app called i think double twist
    02-26-09 10:52 AM
    ive been using pocketmac, available from blackberry and it works great you can sync everything: iCal, iTunes, Address Book, etc. ive never tried double twist but pocket mac works great.
    im using an alu macbook btw with leopard 10.5.6
    02-26-09 10:59 AM
    Unfortunately I am unable to use BB Media Sync or Double Twist because they require Mac OS 10.5 or higher. I am currently using Mac OS 10.4.11. Pocket Mac I've tried several times to no avail. I've enabled mass storage use on the Storm while trying to synch with Pocket Mac, and it still doesn't work. Not sure what to do.
    02-26-09 01:56 PM
    well...first things first...if your itunes catalogue has DRM, they won't play on the storm regardless of if you get them on there or not.

What you can do though, without any programs. is enable mass storage and then hook up your phone to your computer. On the desktop you should see 2 connectable devices. One of those devices will be Internal Phone memory, the other will be the microsd card in the storm.

Find the MicroSD connection and open it. There should be various folders saying Video, Music, Voice Notes, etc.

click on the music folder and drag all of your non drm music into there. And let it all load. Then disconnect your BB from the computer. Then give your BB time to catalogue everything and your music should be on the BB.
    02-26-09 01:59 PM
    if your running 10.4 i would recommend reinstalling pocketmac making sure it and all of the other items that popped up in the install window are dragged to the applications folder on your mac. then open the pocketmac icon and connect your black berry once you turn on the mass storage mode. the pocketmac icon should be a black and green circle with rotating arrows. try redownloading the software until it works. makes everything very easy and gives u the option to integrate your .mac account and all your itunes or just certain playlists as well as even your entourage contacts.
    02-26-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD