I am new to the Blackberry world and I have a few questions. I am coming off of my last phone (a Palm Treo 755p) and on that phone I could open my desktop manager and veiw my calender and contacts and make changes on there and then sync the two up. I can't seem to do that with the Tour, I am sure I am doing something wrong but I can't find the calender on my computer and I don't use the windows mail so I don't know where my numbers are being backed up. Is there a third party Calender application that I can put on my PC that I can sync with the phone? Is there something similar for my contacts? Thanks and I apologize in advance for my ignorance, learning a whole new operating system for a different brand of phone has been a little of a pain. I love the phone but I need to be able to use it with my PC as well.

Thanks,

D
    12-08-09 12:20 PM
    I, too, came from the Treo 755p. It seems to me that you were syncing to the Palm desktop. BB can't do that. It needs to sync to outlook (there may be other ways). You would need to move all of your data from the Palm Desktop to Outlook. Then you can set-up the BB desktop manager to sync with outlook, and all calendar, contacts, tasks, memos would transfer over.

As of now, it would seem that your information from the BB, while being "backed up" is not being synced to the computer.
    12-08-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD