Hello,

I can sync the folders i choose on my PC to my BB. But if I try and backup or sync the pics on my phone with my PC nothing happens. Ive tried Sync To, Copy To, created the folders and tried again. Nothing gets the data from my phone in to the folder on my PC. Happens with all categories, pictures, videos and documents.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Alex
    02-05-14 08:57 PM
    Hi there, what is your OS on your desktop? I am having no issue with 8.1 enterprise 64 bit.
    02-08-14 01:07 AM
    Windows 7 64 bit

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:49 AM
    Hello,

I can sync the folders i choose on my PC to my BB. But if I try and backup or sync the pics on my phone with my PC nothing happens. Ive tried Sync To, Copy To, created the folders and tried again. Nothing gets the data from my phone in to the folder on my PC. Happens with all categories, pictures, videos and documents.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Alex
    If all fails, open Windows Explorer / ( My) Computer / This PC and check for a Z: or Y: drive while BB Link is open.

This should be your phone's internal memory or your SDCARD.

Just copy stuff manually, or dump the whole lot into a folder (CTRL+A, CTRL +C, CTRL+V etc.) from or to the phone. Done. Sift through stuff and duplicates later, but you got it from one to the other device.

Hope that helps.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-11-14 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I knew I could do that but I don't want to have to manually sync the pics on my phone to my pc each time.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I knew I could do that but I don't want to have to manually sync the pics on my phone to my pc each time.

Posted via CB10
    Check read / write permissions of the folders you are syncing to.

In the worst case, write a batch files script that copies the files to your computer without overwriting. You can even run that through Task Scheduler in Windows.

Do you know how to use xcopy or robocopy on the Windows command line?

02-11-14 02:12 PM
    Check here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/roboco...-and-examples/

Just put that whole line into a text file, rename it to something like

copyfrombb.bat

And make sure you have file name extensions shown, and the ending (after the dot), is bat

robocopy /ZB /S Z:\pictures\*.* C:\Users\myusername\myspecialpicturesfolder

You can also use xcopy, just an example. Go to Windows command line and type

xcopy /?

for syntax instructions.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ZyX1I1NB

For example I use :

xcopy /z /d /y /v /e Z:\randomfolder C:\Users\myusername\bbbackup

This option will update any newer files from the selected folder on the phone to the PC's folder, will be restartable, include subdirectories, verify if copied correctly and overwrite older files without asking.

Just adapt to your needs, and put into a batch file. The batch file can also be called automatically in Windows Task Scheduler.

Now, if all that is too hard, just make sure BB Link is open and your phone's memory is accessible under Z: or Y: drive letters for internal and SDCARD, if you have one.

Just go to Microsoft and download SyncToy. As long as the phone is connected and accessible as a drive with folders, it doesn?t really matter what program does the syncing.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Op3xHdQR

Hope that helps. God bless.

02-11-14 02:46 PM
    See here:

Sync from PC to Link is okay but not the other way around.-img_00001115.png

Sync from PC to Link is okay but not the other way around.-img_00001114.png

02-11-14 02:49 PM
    Awesome thanks guys. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix this, I create enough bat files at work lol. I will check the permissions though, figured it would prompt me about it if that was the case. Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:00 PM