Sorry for those ppl who are experience forum users and will freak out cuz who knows what dumb reason but I am actually lookin for help and I cant find anything.....I upgraded my blackberry media sync to the new one 3.0 i believe or what ever it is and when I tried to sync my phone to it would give me a error message saying "BlackBerry Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and the only thing i can do once that comes up is click close...I deleted desktop manager from my computer completely and re installed 5.0 but with the older version of media sync...when i finished and attempted to sync with that, that one didnt work either....it used to work before i updated it...im getting pissed off because i cant find anything about how to fix this problem..........can someone please help me
    12-13-09 04:50 PM
    I am having the same issue. This is the first time I have tried to use it in months. No issues in the past.
    12-29-09 02:01 AM
    Me too. I did find that you can ignore the dialog box and it appears that Sync will work with the dialog box still open.
    12-29-09 01:15 PM
    I am having pretty much the same issue. I got my BB Bold 9000 in November. My Desktop Manager is version 5.0.1. I downloaded BB Media Sync. It would immediately try to sync, ultimately giving me an error that the sync did now work. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of BB Media Sync and had the same problem. In the BB Media Sync documentation it references an "options" tab and a "music" tab. I cannot locate these tabs! It just immediately attempts (unsuccessfully) to sync. Any help would be appreciated!
    01-18-10 02:07 PM
    still looking for help as well....dont think anyone wants to help us on this for some reason
    01-19-10 06:49 PM
    See the thread BB Sync Issues (skibuz). I had posted the same problem and resolved it, at least, to my satisfaction.
    01-19-10 07:07 PM
    ok well im trying that....waited for like 30 seconds for a message saying "your device is not recognized by BB media sync please check that:
    1 a media card is correctly installed (which it is)
    2 mass storage mode is on (which i believe is as well)

then i try it normal again and it says that Blackberry media sync has stopped working.....a problem caused the program to stop working correctly blah blah blah....close program

why is it so damn hard and annoying to do this kind of stuff for BB
    01-19-10 07:43 PM
    And your device is ON? I got the errors 1 a media card is correctly installed (which mine was)
    2 mass storage mode is ON (which mine was)

BUT my DEVICE was turned OFF... once I turned it ON, it all worked GREAT!
    Hope it works for you too!
    01-19-10 08:47 PM
    ya i got that error when it was off......when i turned it on it would go as if its working...i see the options for my playlists and ****.....then it tells me that media sync encountered a error or what ever i said before and that it has to close....i cant do jack **** about it but close it
    01-20-10 05:47 PM
    I wish I could help you, but your problem is different than the one I encountered. Hopefully, someone (with more experience than I have) will be able to help you further!
    Best wishes!
    01-20-10 09:16 PM
    i deleted and reinstalled it twice...even tried it on a brand new computer figured it would work then....nope....pissing me off....how come apple can make it so easy...they had it better 5 years ago to sync music then what i got now
    01-21-10 04:21 PM
    Same problem for me. The Sync program claims it can't continue, and doesn't see my iTunes list. I can't figure it out, either.

Skibuz, what do you mean the DEVICE was turned off. You mean the hardware itself was not on, as in powered up?
    Last edited by jhe888; 01-22-10 at 05:13 PM.
    01-22-10 04:20 PM
    Correct. My Blackberry was connected to the computer but turned OFF. Once I turned the Blackberry ON, the Blackberry Media Sync Program worked great with copying the Playlist I created in Windows Media Player to my Blackberry Media card.

I had also tried to get my music onto my Blackberry by removing the media card and trying to copy directly from My Music Folder on the laptop to the removable media card. This did not properly bring the music and album art over to the media card.

I attempted to use the Media Manager (in the Blackberry Desktop Manager) to get my music onto the Blackberry. This worked ok, BUT was a very slow, manual process. At least the way I was doing it.

Bottom line, once I got the Blackberry Media Sync to work, it was fast and (relatively) easy. I got the music onto the Blackberry that I wanted and now am a Happy Camper! <grin>
    01-23-10 08:59 AM
    makes one of us.....i use the other program...media manager i believe...not sure the name...kinda in a rush...going out to get drunk....but ya i still aint no happy camper since what u did skibuz aint working for me
    01-23-10 03:52 PM
    I think I'm the Happy Camper and you're not......lolol
    01-23-10 05:21 PM
    im def not happy
    01-24-10 02:38 PM
    Ok so.....uhhhhh STILL NO FIX!!!!!!!!! please someone help
    02-02-10 03:39 PM
    Still waiting on a fix too
    02-08-10 10:02 PM
    actually the new update fixed mine
    02-09-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD