1. eds817's Avatar
    I'm using DM 7 with my 9700 and when I first installed it everything was fine. I sync everyday. Then a couple of days ago I received an error while syncing that I can't get past.

    The error is related to the calendar. Everything else syncs fine.

    CRTranRec:GetLinkedRecordID: Invalid linked record Id
    Last edited by EdS817; 09-09-11 at 07:42 AM.
    09-09-11 06:58 AM
  2. gredneck's Avatar
    I have been getting the same error message.
    it started a couple of days ago.
    09-09-11 09:24 AM
  3. eds817's Avatar
    I could not fix the problem so I called TMO tech support and they suggested I uninstall DM and re-install it. I did that and the error message was gone but it would not sync. I even tried a one way sync from my PC to the device and nothing. I removed the calendar, contacts, memos and tasks from the phone and tried again. Nothing. Each time DM read both the device and PC and said it was complete but not changes.

    So I removed DM7 and installed DM6 and all is synching fine. I wish I were able to speak with RIM tech support but they insist on my wasting my time with TMO first who makes you pull the battery, uninstall and re-install DM and if that doesn't work they tell you to wipe the device and re-install the OS. They just have no clue so grasp at straws.
    09-12-11 09:20 AM
  4. kbz1960's Avatar
    DM 7 must be beta? If so you can expect beta software to have more bugs then a released version. We know all software has bugs.
    09-12-11 09:29 AM
  5. scouts36's Avatar
    No one will give you support for a beta version! Dont bother trying that with your carrier..

    You can try to uninstall this version.. do a registry clean and then install the latest official version... and see if that fixes the problem.

    Cheers!
    09-12-11 01:12 PM
  6. ketanbhola's Avatar
    With relation to this error (calender), what worked for me was this.
    On a machine (temp) different from your regular one for syncing, do a dm sync with outlook which gives you another outlook.pst. Delete all calender entries in outlook.pst of regular machine.. Then copy calender entries of this new outlook.pst of temp machine into your regular machine outlook.pst.. (Be careful to copy only calender entries) Then sync this updated pst (on regular machine) with the phone (direction being computer to phone only).. Once this is done, subsequent syncs to regular machine works fine.
    04-02-12 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD