Hi Guys,

I have been happily using my 8820 with my Mac for sometime. This is my first BB.

My boss has now decided that he also should have the 8820, and has bought this to replace his old BB (which was something like 3000 series I think, very old).

The BBs connect to our Lotus Notes server via BES to get their mail. So I need to get his mail switched from his old BB to his new BB. The problem is we both use Macs, and our IT dept doesn't support them officially.

I have been told that the way to get mail onto the new device is to install the BB desktop software and the Lotus notes software on a Windoze machine, together with his lotus notes id, and then sync the new device, at which point he will be able to receive his mail.

Question is, is there anyway to do this without having to use a Windoze machine, as I don't have easy access to one?

Thanks for your help!

Simon
    10-25-07 08:40 AM
    Simon,
    I have same problem, Intel Mac, BB, Lotus Notes. I tried PocketMac but it hangs doing what it says is synch. Nothing happens after that. There is I heard a new Web based "desktop" for BES, but our BES admin doesn't see a need when we only have a couple of Macs and they don't support either.
    If you have any leads please pass them on.
    Our Macs also have problems with Novell and other business software.
    10-25-07 10:02 AM
    If they are on a BES then why are you worried about syncing them with the computers? Just go through the enterprise activation and the mail should be pushed to the BB.
    10-28-07 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately the IT dept is being difficult, and they told me the way to switch from one device to another is via the desktop sw. Well I installed an xp machine, set up lotus notes, and then tried to sync the device. Although it is connecting to the Lotus server ok, it is not setting up the mail account on the new device.

I really can't understand why the IT dept won't just send him a new password for his device
    10-28-07 05:09 PM
    Your IT dept. doesn't sound too helpful. Are you getting an error on the BB when you try to sync it?
    10-29-07 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD