I am exchanging my 9700 for a new one later today due to a loose bezel. I have backed up my phone's information using Desktop Manager. I also copied out my ringtone and picture folders so that can transfer those as well, just in case.

1. I am assuming that I will be able to 'restore' everything to the new phone, correct? Of course what I'm most concerned with are the contacts and calendars... everything else is sort of secondary.

2. When I backup / restore, will it also bring with it the applications that I've downloaded, or will I need to re-download those?

3. Finally... is the PIN unique to each phone, or will the PIN be the same on the new phone. I'm assuming it will be new...

Thanks!
    01-31-10 11:54 AM
    The pin is unique to each phone, but when you restore your backup file, your bbm contacts should update automatically - as well as your info such as contacts, autotext and calander entries. You will need to follow the 3rd party backup instructions or redownload those to your new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 12:11 PM
    Here's the link to back up 3rd party apps instructions from CX. Good luck.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 12:16 PM
    all contacts and calendars will be restored you can use bbsak to backup your third party apps.. and you will get a new pin you can run a remote backup of your contacts and restore them on the new phone
    01-31-10 12:23 PM
    and you will get a new pin you can run a remote backup of your contacts and restore them on the new phone
    How do I run a remote backup?
    01-31-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD