I'm not sure how most here fel about desktop manager, but I think it's great.

Maybe my expectations are low, but I had my storm2 on BES and recieved a new one last night. I came in this morning, opened up DM, upgraded software to .451 using DM and in the process it automatically reacivates the new PIN with BES. No need to call IT dept to reregister the new device.

Worked perfectly.

There is a question though. Should I have wiped the device before doing all the above?

Thanks
    03-10-10 09:29 AM
    I'm not sure how most here fel about desktop manager, but I think it's great.

Maybe my expectations are low, but I had my storm2 on BES and recieved a new one last night. I came in this morning, opened up DM, upgraded software to .451 using DM and in the process it automatically reacivates the new PIN with BES. No need to call IT dept to reregister the new device.

Worked perfectly.

There is a question though. Should I have wiped the device before doing all the above?

Thanks
    Wiping is usually not necessary, unless your device is hosed up or you're trying to downgrade an OS for whatever reason.
    03-10-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD