I'm not sure if this is where this post should go, so I am appologizing in advance...

Ok, a co-worker just got the Storm 2. She had an original Pearl. On her computer, it has BB Desktop Manager v4.3. I cannot uninstall this, or upgrade to v5. It keeps asking me for a disc, which of course, she doesn't have anymore.

I went on to blackberry.com and downloaded the old v4.3 DM and it won't even install correctly.

Any ideas? Thanks in advace also!
    12-16-09 01:01 PM
    Why can't you uninstall v4.3? Does she have admin rights to her computer? I think you need a version of DM that is equal (or higher) that the phone OS version. The Storm2 has a 5.0 OS, so I'm pretty sure it needs DM 5.0.
    12-16-09 02:19 PM
    If she doesn't I do. I'm the Network Admin. It keeps asking for the disc for v4.3 with the path set to 1. She doesn't have the disc. I know that the Storm 2 needs DM v5 but the 4.3 version interrupts the install of v5 and even v4.3.
    12-16-09 03:16 PM
    Try making sure nothing is running in the background... Maybe try an uninstall from safe mode?
    It sounds like a file is locked...
    12-16-09 03:27 PM
    I would just delete it manually. It wont work that great, and there is not guarantee it will all be gone, but I would delete the files from Program Files, Common Files, and Application Data. Then, open regedit and search for keys pertaining to it. Then, install DM 5.0 SP1
    12-16-09 03:48 PM
    I would just delete it manually. It wont work that great, and there is not guarantee it will all be gone, but I would delete the files from Program Files, Common Files, and Application Data. Then, open regedit and search for keys pertaining to it. Then, install DM 5.0 SP1
    I would try this with one minor mod, instead of mucking around in regedit manual, install CCleaner and run the registry scan, that will find all the now "broken" keys and clean them up for you.
    12-16-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD