I've been using SplashID and syncing for several years successfully. I just updated DM to 5.0 and now get an error during sync. After all the Outlook stuff successfully syncs I get "One moment please..." as always, then the "Synchronization Failed" popup with "Technical details: Unspecified error". I suppose I could uninstall/reinstall SplashID but I'm hoping someone has a simpler, more direct solution.
    02-19-10 10:41 AM
    SplashID indicated that there is a known bug in the lastest BB DM. Dont' know when it will be fixed. So don't expect a fix from SplashID. Let's hope the next BB DM update will eliminate the bug.

So the workaround they suggested is to sync via WiFi.
    Open SplasID Desktop
    Open SplashID app on your device and initiate the sync from there. (hit BB menu and you'll see the command)

So BB DM is not involved at all. So you don't want BB DM open while syncing via WiFi.

In order to eliminate the error msg during your normal syncs for Outlook etc, you should uncheck "Run Add In Action" on the sync screen of BB BM.

Hope that makes sense.

Good Luck
    02-20-10 08:53 PM
    I have a Curve 8330. No WiFi. I plugged it in via USB and tried to follow your instructions but there's no sync option in the menu on my BB app. Also, I'm running SplashID 4.21 on my BB if that makes any difference. I used to directly sync my Moto Q while tethered via a menu command on the desktop but that doesn't seem to be on the BB Desktop app. Thanks.
    02-20-10 09:46 PM
    I have a Curve 8330. No WiFi. I plugged it in via USB and tried to follow your instructions but there's no sync option in the menu on my BB app. Also, I'm running SplashID 4.21 on my BB if that makes any difference. I used to directly sync my Moto Q while tethered via a menu command on the desktop but that doesn't seem to be on the BB Desktop app. Thanks.
    Here is part of an email that I received from SplashID Support (which is also on their web site), with directions and links. Keep in mine that I'm using a Storm2 and I finally chose the WiFi option although I would like it to work the way it was intended:

This is an issue that is a conflict with the latest versions of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 or later, downgrade the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to 5.0 to fix it. To do that, you would need to uninstall your current version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (via the Control Panel), and then install 5.0:

http://affiliates.digitalriver.com/z...53789B37D62F27

If that doesn't help, here is a workaround that usually works:

1. Exit the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Exit SplashID on the device by pressing the Menu button, then Close. If SplashID is not running, proceed to step 3.
    3. Launch SplashID on the device, and enter your password to login.
    4. Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then start the synchronize tool again and try to sync.

Another thing to try is to disable other sync items, such as Organizer Data, so that only SplashID is trying to sync.

If none of this helps, make sure you have the latest versions on the handheld and desktop, and that the versions match:

SplashID for BlackBerry Download

The other option is Wi-Fi sync, which does not have this issue, if your BlackBerry has Wi-Fi:

SplashID for BlackBerry User Guide

You can use the BlackBerry Internet connection instead, as described here:

SplashID Global IP Address Synchronization
    02-20-10 11:10 PM
    Thanks. Plenty of options. I'll try falling back to DM 5.0. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm back in the office where I have access to my Exchange server and decent network speed. This hotel's Internet access sucks. My setup is a little strange because I carry 2 Curves, one personal and one work. The work BB syncs over the air with the Exchange server. I do a USB sync of my personal BB for everything but email, including SplashID. DM handles everything fine with the exception of this current problem and a look at the release notes indicates I won't lose anything serious going back to 5.0.

Is there a compatibility table available for DM vs. SplashID? Do I need SplashID 5 for DM 5? Since I haven't synced yet, I should probably know that first.

Thanks again for the experience and expertise. When the vendors don't reply, it's nice to have a strong user community.
    02-21-10 08:08 AM
    Is there a compatibility table available for DM vs. SplashID? Do I need SplashID 5 for DM 5? Since I haven't synced yet, I should probably know that first.
    I'm not sure if I understand your question but I do know that SplashID on your device and the SplashID on your desktop must be the same verion. I'm have v5.0.3 on both.

Good Luck
    02-21-10 11:24 PM
    Thanks. Actually, I was asking whether the update to DM 5 requires me to update to SplashID 5 (BB & host, of course). You have to pay for the SplashID update from 4 to 5 and I don't want to do that while things aren't working, unless that's the answer to my problem. Otherwise, I'd like to settle the current issue then update SplashID. It's best to only change one thing at a time unless compatibility issues require otherwise. I'll try going back to DM 5.0 first.
    02-22-10 06:42 AM
    Thanks. Actually, I was asking whether the update to DM 5 requires me to update to SplashID 5 (BB & host, of course). You have to pay for the SplashID update from 4 to 5 and I don't want to do that while things aren't working, unless that's the answer to my problem. Otherwise, I'd like to settle the current issue then update SplashID. It's best to only change one thing at a time unless compatibility issues require otherwise. I'll try going back to DM 5.0 first.
    Got it,
    Don't know. However you should try going to SplashID web site and submit a ticket.
    Good Luck
    02-22-10 08:37 AM
    Just installed DM v5.0. Everything works as advertised. My work BB syncs with Outlook over the air and my personal syncs tethered with everything but email. SplashID v4 works fine, though I'll probably upgrade anyway as the features look to be worth it.

TurboTiger, thank you again. You've been a tremendous help.
    02-22-10 12:14 PM
    Just installed DM v5.0. Everything works as advertised. My work BB syncs with Outlook over the air and my personal syncs tethered with everything but email. SplashID v4 works fine, though I'll probably upgrade anyway as the features look to be worth it.

TurboTiger, thank you again. You've been a tremendous help.
    fidhleir,

Glad it's working for you.

Keep in mind if you upgrade you don't suffered what I did:
    BB Desktop Mgr v5.0.1 doesn't allow me to sync SplashID Desktop v5.0.3 and my SplashID BB Device Storm2 9550 via USB cable.

This is what started my issue resulting in me sync via WiFi.

Good Luck
    02-22-10 02:00 PM
    Got it. I think I'll just stay with Desktop Mgr v5.0 until SplashData reports a fix. I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that SplashID v5 will work with Desktop Mgr v5.0. If that's also a problem combo, I'll just stay where I am, DM v5.0 and SplashID v4.21.
    02-22-10 02:07 PM
    Got it. I think I'll just stay with Desktop Mgr v5.0 until SplashData reports a fix. I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that SplashID v5 will work with Desktop Mgr v5.0. If that's also a problem combo, I'll just stay where I am, DM v5.0 and SplashID v4.21.
    That's what I would do. Again, SplashID has said it's a bug in the lastest BB Desktop Mgr and not SplashID app.

So when I notice that BB updates it's Desktop Mgr, I'll try to sync via USB (actually I use BT) to see if the bug is fixed.

Good Luck
    02-22-10 02:13 PM
    Is it possibly OS5? I was syncing fine with my 8320 Curve and OS4.5, with DM5.01, but I switched to a 9700 Bold and suddenly, no sync of SplashID (either 3.41 or 5). Downgrading to DM5.0 didn't help. WIFI sync works, but is a pain in the rear. I'd rather it just synced when I sync my Outlook data like it has for the past couple of years. Hoping for a fix, but since the original post was a year ago, I'm not holding my breath.
    02-23-10 01:36 PM
    I was syncing just fine with DM 5.0 and Splash ID 5.0.3, then I had to replace my device. Now I can't get it to sync again. Even the support on the Splash forums can't seem to help me. This is so frustrating.
    03-12-10 02:03 PM
    I was syncing just fine with DM 5.0 and Splash ID 5.0.3, then I had to replace my device. Now I can't get it to sync again. Even the support on the Splash forums can't seem to help me. This is so frustrating.
    If you have access to wifi, this sync will work.
    Open your SplashID desktop.
    Then from your device, open SplashID and press the BB menu button.
    From there there is a wifi sync you can press.

It works for me (hope they resolve the bug)

Good Luck
    03-12-10 04:49 PM
    Good News Guys,

SplashID is syncing with DM6.
    And I'm using BT to sync.
    Finally

Good Luck
    08-12-10 09:30 PM
    Does DM6 work with BB OS 4.5?
    08-13-10 11:31 AM
    Does DM6 work with BB OS 4.5?
    Can't help you there fidhleir,
    I suggest you post in the DM forum. You're likely to get a repsonse there. Not sure you're gonna get any hits in this thread as it relates to your question.

Good Luck
    08-13-10 01:35 PM
    I'm currently able to sync SplashID v5.0.3 using Blackberry Desktop Software v6.0.0.40 (Bundle 42) to my Storm2 with OS v5.0.0.713. However, it takes a long time (over 5 minutes w/100% CPU usage) as compared to an Applications update (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes), which takes less than a minute and uses less than 25% CPU. I just submitted a ticket to SplashData and will post any responses I get from them.
    08-22-10 01:23 PM
    I'm currently able to sync SplashID v5.0.3 using Blackberry Desktop Software v6.0.0.40 (Bundle 42) to my Storm2 with OS v5.0.0.713. However, it takes a long time (over 5 minutes w/100% CPU usage) as compared to an Applications update (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes), which takes less than a minute and uses less than 25% CPU. I just submitted a ticket to SplashData and will post any responses I get from them.
    Looking forward to see what they have to say.
    Good Luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 04:39 PM
    Looking forward to see what they have to say.
    Good Luck
    Still working with SplashData. I'm curious... how many SplashID records are you trying to sync? I have 415 records.
    08-23-10 05:30 PM
    Still working with SplashData. I'm curious... how many SplashID records are you trying to sync? I have 415 records.
    I only have about 150 so that's why mine doesn't take as long to sync.

Now my only complaint is that on the device app, I have always have to scroll down to find what I need. Spelling out the name in the top window doesn't take me to the desired entry.
    Good Luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 09:07 PM
    New development.

Now when I sync, DM6 is asking me to open the app on my dervice and sync again.

So it works. I open the app first on my device, then I start the sync.

Luckily, the app doesn't time out before the sync starts on the add-ins.

It's just one more step, but at least it works - not like pre-DM6.

Good Luck
    08-26-10 11:06 PM
    Update (sort of): I haven't had much time to deal with the SplashID issue. The first response I got from SplashID actually made things worse, so I decided to uninstall DM6 and install the version that came with my phone (5.0.1). Now the Outlook syncs use 100% CPU and I haven't been able to get the SplashID to sync. Will address that when I have more time and report back.
    08-30-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD