I recently bought an iMac and also updated my BB8130 to OS4.5. Since then, approx 25 of my contacts on the BB will not show on the Mac address book. I cannot figure out the pattern; a few of the contacts have personalized ring tones, but not all. None have anything in the user defined or notes areas. I tried PM initially and then switched to MS, but now even more of the entries are being ignored. Anyone else experiencing something similar?
    10-26-08 11:44 AM
    Pick the syncing app you are going to use, and delete the other one. Two syncing apps do not play well on the Mac. Once you get done with that try syncing twice in a row, and see if that helps. Make sure you back everything up.
    10-26-08 12:46 PM
    I deleted PM prior to installing MS; something else is going on.
    10-26-08 03:44 PM
    Do a spotlight search for PocketMac. You will find more stuff hanging around your system,delete that. If this were me I would also delete MS and do the spotlight search. Empty the trash then repair permissions, reboot your Mac, then re-download MS. This might be a little overkill, but that should take care of the problem.
    10-27-08 10:51 AM
    I'll try it; how do I repair permissions (I'm relatively new to the Mac world)?
    10-27-08 04:11 PM
    Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility
    Once in Disk Utility highlight your hard drive then click on repair permissions
    10-27-08 05:32 PM
    No change. The BB has 531 contacts, but MS only recognizes and syncs 506 contacts. I can't figure a common pattern in the 25 not being recognized.
    10-29-08 08:03 AM
    Do you have your BB set to allow duplicates?
    10-29-08 09:13 PM
    It's not the duplicates; I wish it were that easy. There are individual entries not being recognized by the sync software. I am wondering if they have been corrupted somehow, but I've already replaced some of them. I'm really surprised that more people aren't having the same issue.
    10-31-08 05:07 PM
    Are you using the Mac's address book to sync or Entourage?
    10-31-08 09:14 PM
    Mac address book. I'm going to assume the BB address book somehow was corrupted and try to correct that. It may take a little time; I'll let you know if it works. I really appreciate your interest in this; no one else has stepped up!
    11-01-08 09:12 AM
    Corruption is an option. I don't use MS, so I don't know what tools are available to reset the sync. I have instructions for PM, but that is not going to help. See if there is a way to just wipe the address book and reset the sync. If you can do that do a one way sync Mac to BB.

OOOOHHHH, there's and idea, set your syncing to one way Mac to BB. I always do that when I get a new BB. Sorry I didn't think of that sooner
    11-02-08 03:16 PM
    I did a full wipe of the BB and reinstalled an older version of the address book. All is working well now; the database must have been corrupted while using PM. I'm hoping that this won't happen again with MS.
    11-03-08 09:33 PM
    I suspect the address book did not get corrupted. I think the sync log got corrupted. Anyway, I'm happy you got it working.
    11-03-08 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD