OK.. I'll start this off by saying, for those with a s#it ton of contacts like me, you won't like this. You'll like preforming your own colonoscopy better. However, for those in dire need to sync contacts from BB using DM into Office 2010 (Both Tech Preview and the latest RTM builds), here's how you do it!

Step 1:
    Open up DM, go to your Syncronization page, where you can change/add what to sync, and how to sync it. Tell it to sync with Outlook EXPRESS. This is built into ALL versions of Windows right from Windows 98 all the way up to Windows 7. I believe in Vista they renamed it to "Windows Mail" but it's essentially the same thing. Users WITHOUT Windows 7 / Vista should skip to Step 4.

Step 2:
    Sync your contacts.

Step 3a: For Windows 7/Vista Users
    Browse over to your Contacts folder - its located in C:\Users\YOURNAME\Contacts\

Look at all the pretty contacts! They're all there! Fantastic!

Step 3b:
    Select all your contacts. Up along the top ribbon, you'll see an "Export" button. Click that. Select "vCards" as the option when prompted. Save to a folder, preferably one you create just for this guide. Click OK.

Step 3c:
    Browse over to the folder you created in Step 2b, and look at all your pretty contacts (again!). Now comes the step which will make you want to kill yourself with a <insert graphic and painful mode of death>.

Step 3d:
    Goto Outlook 2010. Click FILE on the ribbon, then Open, then click the Import button. Select "Import from vCard". Select your first contact. Click OK. That's it! You've successfully imported contact #1 of however many contacts you have. Repeat as necessary.

Step 4:
    Upgrade to Vista or Windows 7. Repeat steps 2 through 3d.
    Last edited by Wiltron; 02-25-10 at 03:06 AM.
    02-25-10 03:04 AM
    UPDATE:

FOR USERS WITH POWERFUL PC'S +4GB RAM, DUAL CORE OR HIGHER!

A MUCH faster way to add contacts has been found, but DON'T even THINK about doing this if you have a low end computer! It will cause it to crash and burn and die a horrible slow death!

CLOSE ALL OPEN PROGRAMS!
    This is not some simple warning, you need to have only Outlook open and on your taskbar - if you don't follow this, be prepared to go on a minimize frenzy when it's all said and done, for each of your contacts!

Drag all of your vCard's onto an open Outlook 2010 window. This will open up each and every contact window - Remember, I said it's resource intensive and requires a powerful PC to not lock-up on you!

Click on a contact window, Hold CTRL and press S. This has saved that contact into your Outlook! Repeat for each and every contact. You may have to click on each window, before hitting CTRL+S each time, but you can really plow through all your contacts much much faster than the previous post's way.

Enjoy!
    02-25-10 03:21 AM
    This sounds like a nightmare to me...surely RIM will need to have a fix soon as the release date for 2010 is only a few months away (note I could synch with Outlook 2010 in vista, but just upgraded to 7 and now its looking for the connector...?
    03-01-10 02:18 AM
    This sounds like a nightmare to me...surely RIM will need to have a fix soon as the release date for 2010 is only a few months away (note I could synch with Outlook 2010 in vista, but just upgraded to 7 and now its looking for the connector...?
    See updated solution process HERE.
    03-04-10 11:38 AM
    I had trouble with Google Calendar Sync with Outlook 2010 and the hack from this post helped
    Might help for DM as well I guess !
    Google Calendar Sync with Outlook 2010
    03-09-10 12:48 PM
    I guess I am one of the fewer people who aren't experiencing these issues.

I'm using Office 2010 Beta on W7 64 bit and have no issues with the contacts sync'ing to the Storm 2.

I wonder if it is because I just upgraded my vista to W7 rather than doing a clean install
    03-12-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD