Has anybody noticed that dekstop manager from Ver. 4.5 and up is dog slow!!! I Constantly have to go back to DM 4.3 cause it syncs up so much faster. I just bought a new 8900 and decided to try DM 4.7, but once again slow as molasses to sync. 4.3 was running fine. Can anyone shed some light on this? THanks
    01-29-09 10:50 PM
    More than likely its a computer issue, not a DM issue. Try de-fraging computer as well as deleting old content you dont use to boost speed. This should result in a better working DM. I can also vouch for this from a personal standpoint.
    01-29-09 11:13 PM
    More than likely its a computer issue, not a DM issue. Try de-fraging computer as well as deleting old content you dont use to boost speed. This should result in a better working DM. I can also vouch for this from a personal standpoint.
    One particular day I installed 4.6 and it was slow as heck, then 4.5, again slow. When I got back down to 4.3 everything was back up to speed. I normally defrag my drives about once a week so I don't think that's the issue. Do you think that there may be some residual fragments floating around my registry that need to be deleted? It's really irritating. Nonetheless, I just installed 4.3 again and all is fine, but I'd really like to bump up to one of the newer versions..
    01-29-09 11:31 PM
    wow, i have no clue. other than a computer issue, i dont know.
    anyone else have any suggestions?
    01-29-09 11:32 PM
    4.5 takes up more memory
    01-30-09 05:49 PM
    Not computer issue. I have loaded it on a fact 2.8g dual proc and omg it takes FOREVER do do anything now.
    02-09-09 12:50 AM
    I have been using 4.6 for some time now and it is just as fast as previous versions were... Laptop runs DM fast as it can be. I have no slow/slowdown issues so perhaps its a PC issue you are having or maybe reinstall DM again 4.6 or 4.7 and maybe it will fix problem, maybe a quick registry cleaning
    02-09-09 01:56 AM
    4.7 was painfully slooooow for me. 4.6 runs great though. Maybe do the olde delete, reboot, reinstall?? I don't know what to tell you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 04:37 AM
    4.7 did not go slow for me but seemed to not load OS right when I tried and I heard a lot are having problems with 4.7... Indeed though 4.6 is where I stay for now until new version releases on top of 4.7
    02-09-09 04:42 AM
    Has anybody noticed that dekstop manager from Ver. 4.5 and up is dog slow!!! I Constantly have to go back to DM 4.3 cause it syncs up so much faster. I just bought a new 8900 and decided to try DM 4.7, but once again slow as molasses to sync. 4.3 was running fine. Can anyone shed some light on this? THanks
    Same thing... back on 4.3 now and not upgrading any time soon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    02-09-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD