I would like to wipe the data from my old Bold 9700 and then restore a single app that I downloaded in App World that is not available on BB10. In Blackberry Desktop Manager 6, wasn't it possible to backup your third party apps and then selectively restore them? I am currently using Blackberry Desktop Software 7 for my Bold 9700 and did a full backup but when I tried to do a selective restore, I didn't see the app in the list of items that could be restored. I also tried backing data up using the Switch Devices tool, same result.

What if I install BDM6 on a different computer (or in XP Mode so as not to interfere with BDS7), would that version accomplish what I am trying to do?

Normally I would simply reinstall the app via App World, but there is some app data that I don't want to lose. What about copying the .rem files of the App World folder of the app to my computer, reinstalling the app via App World and then copying the .rem files back to the Blackberry?

Thank you in advance!
    05-04-13 02:28 AM
    I do believe you are right that you can do that in either DM6 or DM7. However, I think it is a lot easier to backup and add 3rd party apps when using BBSAK. BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Also, if you downloaded it from Appworld you should be able to go back there and redownload it again, even if its a paid app.
    05-06-13 05:55 PM