Okay - I know there are die hard fans of the desktop software, but honestly I don't connect my Torch all that often... "maybe" once a month or every two months, when I want to update songs or do an occasional backup.

I just had to rebuild my laptop over the weekend, and when I reinstalled the newest (6) desktop software, it still has the RimBBLaunchAgent.exe sitting in my task manager.

I DID make sure my settings are unchecked for things like,

- when connecting a device, start software immediately (NOT CHECKED)
    - on startup (NOT CHECKED)
    and any other possible option available.

Yet it still shows in my task manager. (And yes, I've rebooted etc etc etc).

I work with graphics and a LOT of windows at the same time (i.e., html, browser tabs, graphics programs, ftp) and resources are precious... so I really don't like when other things that I rarely use take up resources.

YES I've tried "Ending" the process, but it obviously comes back daily when I turn on my laptop. (This was going on for the past few weeks once I got my new Torch (upgrade from Curve) - but I didn't worry about it much as I figured we'd be rebuilding my laptop.

Can anyone tell me how to permanently remove this from starting up?

I really wish RIM would make it that we have a CHOICE (especially since I have updates and everything else OFF so that I have to do them manually).

Ideas?

Amber
    11-27-11 08:54 PM
    If it bugs you that much, kill it in taskmgr, then go into regedit and delete the value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run\RIMDeviceManager so it doesn't start on boot. Note that I am NOT responsible for screwing up your system if you decide to do this.

However, I'd venture that it's paged out of physical memory if it's not in use and barely taking up any resources at all except maybe a process slot.
    11-28-11 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD