once you transfer all of your data to your desktop...is there any way you can actually open up the file and see all of your info?? I'd like to have a paper copy of all my info thats on my phone and cant seem to find out how to go about getting it
    07-06-10 01:56 PM
    Outlook will display all that info..

Have the sync setup for one way from Device -> Outlook.
    07-06-10 02:00 PM
    There are a number of ways to do this.

One as yester18 has suggested is to use Outlook and, if this is installed on your PC would be my preferred method and format.

If you do not have Outlook instalned then you may still use Desktop Manager to write you data to text files or even .csv files that can be read by Excel or even Notepad.

Within Desktop Manager, go into Synchronization, Configuration, Setup for AddressBook and select ASCII file FROM the device and then select comma-delimited file using single quotes and a comma to delimit the fileds and save as a .csv file. This will now be directly readable by Excel. Once in Excel, you can remove the single quotes by typing Ctrl-H and inputting a single quote and then selecting Replace All. Now you need to reformat all your phone number comums to read regular numbers agan and not Polish notation fso select all the number colums and format to number and zero decimals.
    07-06-10 02:10 PM
    You can use ABC Amber Blackberry Editor, it will allow you to edit ipd files. Make a backup first with Desktop Manager, for instance, of your contacts, then you can edit the ipd file that was created in the backup and when done you can restore it to your blackberry. Works very nice if you do not want to use Outlook.
    Check out the link:
    Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files
    07-08-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD