Hi there!

Back in 2016, my trusty Passport died unexpectedly which forced me to make the switch to iOS. Thankfully I was fairly consistent at making frequent backups of my Passport, so at least the 3 years worth of photo's on the device were backed up safely in an encrypted .bbb file. All those years I wasn't able to extract the photo's since I've only had iOS devices since then, but today I finally received a second-hand Leap. I specifically bought it so I could restore the old Passport backup and extract my photo's.

Unfortunately though, BlackBerry Link somehow does not recognise the .bbb file, no matter what I do. I even changed the Leap's name to BBPASSPORT, which used to be the name of my PP. I tried looking for solutions in old threads here on CrackBerry, but so far I haven't found anything that matched my issue... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    05-02-20 03:47 PM
    Hi there!

Back in 2016, my trusty Passport died unexpectedly which forced me to make the switch to iOS. Thankfully I was fairly consistent at making frequent backups of my Passport, so at least the 3 years worth of photo's on the device were backed up safely in an encrypted .bbb file. All those years I wasn't able to extract the photo's since I've only had iOS devices since then, but today I finally received a second-hand Leap. I specifically bought it so I could restore the old Passport backup and extract my photo's.

Unfortunately though, BlackBerry Link somehow does not recognise the .bbb file, no matter what I do. I even changed the Leap's name to BBPASSPORT, which used to be the name of my PP. I tried looking for solutions in old threads here on CrackBerry, but so far I haven't found anything that matched my issue... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The Leap must be signed in with the exact same BlackBerry ID that you used on the Passport.
    It must also be on an equal to or later OS build than what the Passport was on.
    05-02-20 05:06 PM
    And, honestly, I wouldn't have included any photos in the backup that only has one specific way of getting to them. Unless there was a security, or really personal reasons to do it.

I just copied my photos (or any other document or data files for that matter) from my Z10 directly to my PC on a regular basis. Then those are protected with regular hard drive backups.

The only thing I ever backed up with Link was the apps and system.
    05-02-20 06:03 PM