Good Day,

I have a quick question for you guys that i want a solid answer for before i attempt to do anything.

I updated my BB to 5.0.0.822 and what happen was when i came from 4.x.x.xxx whatever the original OS for the phone is, the process messed up and i semi-nuked my phone.

So i had to re-load it but when i did so i did it with the 5.0.0.822 OS, now here is the question i have....

My BBM contact list was all there and so was all my media, the 3rd party app and contacts were whipped as i was expecting now here is where it get interesting, so i have a "backup" saved from my phone before i did all this and everything went to **** in a hand basket but it was from the old OS.

So can i go into BDM (Blackberry Desktop Manager) and hit restore and get my contacts/notepad info/3rd party apps etc back onto my phone that is now running the newer OS with out the phone downgrading itself to the older OS version?

Thanks,
    08-28-10 03:16 PM
    It will _not_ downgrade the OS if you do a restore from a back-up file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 03:54 PM
    It will _not_ downgrade the OS if you do a restore from a back-up file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks a lot, everything went perfect and i am good to go, i was just worried there wouldn't be an option for picking specifically what you wanted to re-load.

I thought when you hit the button it was just going to re-load the whole phone from the last backup.
    08-29-10 03:36 PM
    It can definitely be an intimidating process, I thought the same thing when I first started out. Glad it all worked out for you.
    08-29-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD