Have a strange issue. I have a 8830 that had a IT policy. I didn't know it when I recieved it. I backed it up on desktop manager and later found out about the IT policy. I used JL commander to reset. I backed up the device before the reset then after the wipe I restored it. The IT policy came back. So then I reset again along with erasing the DM software then reinstalling it. Evertime I put the blackberry back on the computer, the IT policy returns, is there a file that needs to be erased before uninstalling. I am at a loss of what to do. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
    01-25-10 10:58 AM
    try crackutil in randyludes tread. =]
    01-25-10 10:59 AM
    thread sorry for the typo. Its under the clearing settings if i recall.
    01-25-10 11:00 AM
    The IT policy came back because you "restored" the backup you made that had the IT policy in it. You'll need to wipe the policy off again and then just do a "selective" restore of just your pertinant info on the phone under Advanced from Backup/Restore. This will keep the IT policy from restoring on the phone. Also, if your DM was installed with the Enterprise option selected, you might want to reinstall it and pick Internet/Personal email.

BTW, only do this if you're no longer tied to the BES. If you're looking to just get rid of the IT policy but remain on BES, that's not going to work as it'll just push down again.
    01-25-10 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD