Hello. I saw a person who use him laptop with his ipohne by internet. Can we use too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 03:01 PM
    YES!!!

RDM+ :: Remote Access Tools

Take a look into that. Running it on my storm2. Works great.
    12-06-09 03:03 PM
    I do believe we can. There are a few paid and free apps. I don't recall the names but, I don't have a need for them now, therefore have not tried any out.

12-06-09 03:04 PM
    Currently the only option that you have is RDM+. Log me in is working on an app and that is probably the app that you saw on the iphone.
    12-06-09 03:12 PM
    vnc+
    tsclient
    RDM+

all paid and from shape services.

You can also use LOGMEIN on the PC, and access it using the BROWSER for free.

for some reason RDM+ has a ****ty refresh now on my storm, used to work better on my bold (always using wifi), and windows 7 AERO gets shutdown and never comes back until i uninstall rdm and reboot my pc
    12-06-09 03:24 PM
    i think he is referrering to tethering. connecting the smartphone via usb to your laptop, like one of the verizon wireless usb data adapters. you can even pay verizon another $20 or $30 per month and get verizon supported software, but that's nuts imho.

i know for a fact there are tether apps for the blackberry that work on verizon. i don't bother because i have a winmo HTC my work pays for that can use it's wifi and make itself a little hotspot. we use it quite often onsite. that's about all it's used for to be honest, and my work e-mail, but it doesn't even compare to my storm. i would assume there is something similiar for blackberry.
    Last edited by mlwartman; 12-06-09 at 03:41 PM.
    12-06-09 03:37 PM
    If you are referring to using your phone to access your laptop or desktop, then RDM+ is the best program for the job. I have been using for about a year and love it.

Blackberry Cool review - Remote Desktop for BlackBerry by SHAPE reviewed | BlackBerry Cool
    12-06-09 03:53 PM
    IS there any free ones? I would like to access files and folder on a server or my desktop
    12-06-09 05:22 PM
    I would be interested in knowing this too.

12-06-09 06:28 PM
    If you just need to access files, setup an ftp service on your pc and then connect with PaderSync ftp (free). I use it all the time. Also use RDM+, but file transfers are much faster via ftp.

12-06-09 10:46 PM
    I would much rather a SSH client for my s2.. I would use that way more than a remote desktop app

12-07-09 01:59 AM
    Currently the only option that you have is RDM+. Log me in is working on an app and that is probably the app that you saw on the iphone.
    Lol...log me in has been working on it for almost a year now...I think they are just telling us that....btw, I love log me in, use it all the time!
    12-07-09 07:36 AM
    I have 2 VNC apps on my tour and neither of them will connect. One is called VNC2GO and the other is just VNC. I put all of the information in correctly but it always says unable to connect. I have an ipod touch that I use for vnc so I know connection settings are not the issue. Being able to just do this through one device would be nice. Has anyone used these apps or know how to get them to connect correctly?
    Last edited by The_Rouge; 12-14-09 at 01:59 PM.
    12-14-09 01:55 PM
    A new computer controlled AC system was installed at the Church where I work. Since I am the facilities mgr., I get calls to change the temp settings in the halls. The company that makes the HVAC software has an iphone app but nothing in the future is planned for BB's. I used the trial version of RDM+ and it connected on the first try and worked like a charm. I can remotely access my computer, change the settings and keep the people happy. Did it tonight on the way to the movies.
    The Church paid the $39.95 to purchase the app.
    The only drawback is the inability to send ctrl+alt+del to login so I had to disable that security feature on XP.
    I haven't used it with wifi yet and refresh rate is not bad. It's much better than having to run home or to the office to make a temperature setting change.

Definitely a thumbs up.
    05-08-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD