Dear Community!

I urgent need any help.
    My problem, as follows is:
    I run SW/OS 10.2.2.932/10.2.2.1531 on my Z30 and the remote access to my Windows Vista cmp. works sufficiently until I installed an iMac as additional cmp. When I try to get remote access on my file manager, the computers name is marked offline in brackets while the Mac's not. But also on the Mac no access is possible.
    Looking forward to any help from anybody round the globe.

Regards,

Gerhard from Germany

posted by ggvomsee via Z30
    08-26-14 06:03 AM
    Do you have the latest BlackBerry Link?
    08-26-14 09:13 PM
    Hi hamsterwheel,
    I run following sw versions:
    a. on the Mac: 1.2.1(build 18)
    b. on Windows: 1.2.3.48
    Guess these are the latest versions!
    Regards, Gerhard

08-27-14 01:24 PM
    I don't know about mac version, but I'm pretty sure there is a newer link for Windows. BlackBerry Link v1.2.3.56 (Windows OS

Sent from my sexy white Z30
    08-27-14 02:57 PM
    Also suffering from the same problem as OP, after buying a new Windows 8.1 laptop. Link used to work with my XP devices, but now I can't access my computer files, the new Laptop is just shown as "Offline".

And yes, I have the latest update of everything software, so please don't ask obvious questions or give the same suggestions as BlackBerry's webpage...

Please, someone with a real solution help us out!

I have McAfee Internet security, I've tried disabling firewall, uninstall, reinstall, etc...

I hope to see some actual help, as I find Crackberry is lately becoming less of a useful forum and more of rather casual chatter, gossip and bashing...

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    glennster28 likes this.
    08-27-14 02:59 PM
    Is device manager loading at startup? What are your storage settings? Either USB mass storage on prevents some access or it has to be on. Can't remember which way it went.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-27-14 05:28 PM
    Is device manager loading at startup? What are your storage settings? Either USB mass storage on prevents some access or it has to be on. Can't remember which way it went.

Thanks Z! Try not to confuse the already confused any more than they';re confused already!

HERE'S HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Some versions of Windows 8.1 aren't recognizing all the drivers.

So, access your "Advanced Boot Screen" and enable " allow unsigned drivers."
    Reboot, and reinstall BB Link by right clicking the EXE file and " run as administrator!"

Also, some security programs (anti-virus/ firewall) block the drivers necessary for the computer to recognize your device.
    Go into your "start menu" to correct it.

If you can't access "start up" through your security software, type "msconfig" in the RUN box.

Accessing the Advanced Boot Screen in 8.1 is a bit more difficult than in previous OS's.
    Just "Google" Advanced Boot Screen in 8.1 and find step by step directions.

It's really very simple.
    Forget XP! Microsoft no longer supports that OS!!

Oh, and USB mass storage must be OFF on your device!
    08-27-14 05:46 PM
    Also suffering from the same problem as OP, after buying a new Windows 8.1 laptop. Link used to work with my XP devices, but now I can't access my computer files, the new Laptop is just shown as "Offline".

And yes, I have the latest update of everything software, so please don't ask obvious questions or give the same suggestions as BlackBerry's webpage...

I have McAfee Internet security, I've tried disabling firewall, uninstall, reinstall, etc...

I hope to see some actual help, as I find Crackberry is lately becoming less of a useful forum and more of rather casual chatter, gossip and bashing...

I have a new windows 8.1 laptop and my RFA works like a charm. What are you doing wrong? I don't have to disable anything and it works.
    08-27-14 05:50 PM

I think you are looking in the wrong threads. A lot of us provide ACTUAL HELP. We are taking it one step at a time. Please show some patience for the ORIGINAL POSTER who asked about this issue, instead of hijacking it to make it make it about yourself.
    08-27-14 05:54 PM

If you want a "real" solution, you can do a search and you will find many threads on Remote File Access for your issues. In fact I have had issues myself and now have it working fine. One of the things I did happened to be is update Link. FYI.
    08-27-14 05:55 PM

Making these kind of remarks will not give us the incentive to want to help!
    08-27-14 05:56 PM
    Thanks Z! Try not to confuse the already confused any more than they';re confused already!

HERE'S HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Some versions of Windows 8.1 aren't recognizing all the drivers.

So, access your "Advanced Boot Screen" and enable " allow unsigned drivers."
    Reboot, and reinstall BB Link by right clicking the EXE file and " run as administrator!"

Also, some security programs (anti-virus/ firewall) block the drivers necessary for the computer to recognize your device.
    Go into your "start menu" to correct it.

If you can't access "start up" through your security software, type "msconfig" in the RUN box.

Accessing the Advanced Boot Screen in 8.1 is a bit more difficult than in previous OS's.
    Just "Google" Advanced Boot Screen in 8.1 and find step by step directions.

It's really very simple.
    Forget XP! Microsoft no longer supports that OS!!

Oh, and USB mass storage must be OFF on your device!
    Lostboy5151, thanks you for the tips, I will try them out.

Everyone, please understand that it's not that I'm "highjacking" the OP's thread, I've also posted my own and haven't gotten any response. And it' not the first time this happens, check most of my posts where I've asked for help and have rarely gotten it. It's frustrating to search and not being able to find an actual solution. Lostboy5151�s answer is the first useful one I'm finding on this subject.

When I can help someone I will do so. If needs be, I direct him/her to a post that can help, not just tell them to "search the forums". It is also true that several (not all of course) Crackberry users are not helping anyone out. I recon many do help, but at some point it gets frustrating.

As I said, I will try out Lostboy5151's suggestion, whether it solves the issue or not, I'm very thankful for it.

FYI, I have BlackBery Link's latest version (downloaded it this morning), installed it and then plugged my phone. What I did "wrong" is beyond my knowledge, as it was the same procedure I followed with my older computers.

P.S. I'm sorry if what I've said offends you, but this has been my experience on Crackberry. If one posts funny stuff, bashing or gossips, you get hundreds of answers. If one asks for help, you'll get way less attention (sometimes none). Just being guided to a useful thread is help, this is not the case many times.

An apology to the OP for "highjacking" his thread, it hasn't been my intention, but I did identify his problem to be practically the same as mine. I won't be posting on this thread anymore to avoid people getting more offended and will only check it to see what other suggestions are given.
    08-27-14 08:54 PM
    Dear Community!

I urgent need any help.
    My problem, as follows is:
    I run SW/OS 10.2.2.932/10.2.2.1531 on my Z30 and the remote access to my Windows Vista cmp. works sufficiently until I installed an iMac as additional cmp. When I try to get remote access on my file manager, the computers name is marked offline in brackets while the Mac's not. But also on the Mac no access is possible.
    Looking forward to any help from anybody round the globe.

Regards,

Gerhard from Germany

So where are we on this issue? Are you still experiencing problems with rfa? Under settings/You have checked Device Connections and toggled on Allow Connections?
    08-27-14 10:11 PM
    Did the reinstall work?
    Within Link it just says that the device OS don't support this feature.
    Remember this is the Merkel OS.

Posted via CB10
    ggvomsee likes this.
    08-28-14 04:36 PM
    Hi hamsterwheel,
    many thanks for yr Information. After installallation of the Win-Link-version 1.2.3.56 the RFA on bot cmps (Win and Mac) works very well. Don't know what was the reason for. Once more: Many thanks for the advice.
    Rgds, Gerhard

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-14 03:17 PM