So my torch is completly screwed up. I constantly get "uncaught exception" errors, and "app error" which makes me "reset" my phone.

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it. So I don't have a choice but to delete everything and reload the OS.

But unfortunatly I don't have internet excess so I can't use the disk that came with my phone to back everything up, or to reload the OS. My BB is literally all I have. Is there any way I can reload the OS directly from my phone?? If so, PLEASE let me know all the details.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 08:53 PM
    no. a computer is needed to reload the operating system on a BB, however the internet isnt. although, you do need internet access to download the OS from the web first.

you can try an Over The Air OS update from your carrier. that will download and install the most current OS onto your device, no computer needed. the download and install process will take up to two hours. i dont like doing it since i think its very dangerous to update OTA, like if you lose data connections or your phones battery dies. i would recommend finding a PC and doing it that way. but if theres no other way, try the OTA update.

the errors might be caused by a bad application. have you installed anything recently when this all started happening?
    04-30-11 08:58 PM
    Not really, not that I can think of anyways. Would it be better to just delete all my applications first?

04-30-11 09:05 PM
    And if so, what is the easiest way for me to do that?

04-30-11 09:06 PM
    And if so, what is the easiest way for me to do that?

to do what? OTA update?

Options > Device > Software Updates
    04-30-11 09:17 PM
    You can delete all the 3rd party apps off the phone using the Options screen. Go to Options->Device->Application Management. Go down the list and click Menu->Delete, starting with the most recent app you installed on the phone.

IMHO dictoresno is right, it probably a 3rd party app causing all the problems.
    04-30-11 09:32 PM
    p.s. If you still want to try the OTA OS install, you can use BlackBerry Protect to backup and restore all your data. It's free in App World.
    04-30-11 09:36 PM
    Did you try to "clean up" with crackmem or some app like that?
    Perhaps you tried to delete the stock theme, or shrink your OS?

I'm asking because I did that twice, once on .448 and the other on 5.26.
    both of them resulted in endless java, uncaught and app errors.

i decided that since there's plenty of memory, that wasn't necessary. I reloaded a full OS, .534, and all is well now...
    04-30-11 10:12 PM
    p.s. If you still want to try the OTA OS install, you can use BlackBerry Protect to backup and restore all your data. It's free in App World.
    even the OTA install backs up your stuff and restores it for you. it just takes forever to do and i think the chances of it freezing or not loading right is alot higher than on a PC.
    04-30-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD