I recently removed my desktop software and im now trying to re install it and it wont let me it keeps telling me a newer version is already installed and i know its not because i removed it i have tried loads of stuff cc cleaner even tried deleting the reg keys related to rim and nothing it just wont let me install it
    03-03-12 10:22 AM
    Try deleting all the files in your temp folders. If your on windows 7, got to your C:/Temp folder, open it, select all and delete. I also went to my C:/windows/temp folder and deleted them too. Remember to uninstall your current DM program too, then reboot, and go to Blackberrys main site and download/install the DM they have there. I believe its version 6.038 right now. Plug your fone back in and let it do its thing. Hope this helps you. Worked for me.
    plh121 likes this.
    03-03-12 10:55 AM
    My suggestion would be to give Revo Uninstaller a shot (try the free, portable version first). Failing that, they offer a fully functional 30-day free trial of the Professional version (however, if DM was not fully installed, it should show up in Revo's free version). Revo worked for me on a stubborn program that would not uninstall when nothing else would.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
    03-03-12 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD