Hi all,

Right im trying to unsuccessfully transfer my data from my 9700 to my 9800 but all i want is the emails and texts i have...nothing else.

Now ive tried device switch but that transfers everything from my 9700 to the 9800 which isnt what i want to do.

Now im pretty sure there is a way you can do it but my brain has gone into meltdown mode and i cant seem to figure it out unless i was dreaming about the option where you could just pick and choose which data you want to transfer over.

Can anyone help or give me instructions on how to do this if possible?

Thanks in advance.
    10-21-10 04:07 PM
    After you choose "Restore" there's a window that pops up to pick the file to restore from. Once you choose the file, there's a box you can check that says something like "select items to restore". That allows you to go through and pick the items you want.

This is definitely what I would recommend when transferring from a non 6.0 device.
    10-21-10 04:14 PM
    you can also backup certain items using the advanced options under backup and just backup your SMS, Messages and Address Book - All
    10-21-10 04:24 PM
    After you choose "Restore" there's a window that pops up to pick the file to restore from. Once you choose the file, there's a box you can check that says something like "select items to restore". That allows you to go through and pick the items you want.

This is definitely what I would recommend when transferring from a non 6.0 device.
    Oh ok so you suggest i just a normal backup of my 9700 in DM then restore to my 9800 but choosing which data i want restored right??.

So really i dont need to use the device switch do i then??
    10-21-10 04:39 PM
    Exactly. Don't use the device switch wizard. Selectively restore the few items you want restored and install your apps manually.
    10-21-10 05:36 PM
    Thanks jeffreii...thats what i did in the end but seems like my emails didnt transfer over as when i activated my 9800 on my carriers BIS page...it asked me to validate the email...before i had done so they were there then disappeared.

No big deal as i suppose i could just copy them over again from the backup of my 9700 i suppose.

One thing that annoyed me though was having to setup BBM again...i had to re-download it from app world which wasnt the problem...problem started when i went to restore my contact list from the email registered...took far too long so deleted and re-installed it again and this time the restore went pretty quickly but then found one of my contacts was no longer on my list so had to re-add it manually but now she says i dont show up on her list and i cant see her bbm pic/avatar.
    10-21-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD