Hi, sorry for the noob question but i never used Desktop Manager before. I need to add a file from my computer to my phone for tomorrow and since e-mail is done i have to go through DTM.

Which version should i dl from the site? the newest being 5.0?

I also tried installing the CD that comes with the tour and its just stuck on initializing.. what exactly is on the cd?
    09-09-09 07:22 PM
    Plug your Blackberry into your computer with the USB Cable. On the phone select "YES" when Mass Storage Mode enable? question comes up on the screen. This will turn your BB into a removable hard drive. Open the hard drive under "My Computer" it will be under removable storage. There you will have a folder called "Blackberry" double click on that. Then you'll see your blackberry's root directory. If its a picture put it in pictures, etc... Document into documents... You dont need desktop manager unless you want to sync a PIM like Outlook. This way is much easier.
    09-09-09 07:54 PM
    5.0 has been reported as having a couple bugs. I'd do 4.7 for now. My CD was trashed too - got a new one from R.I.M.
    09-09-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD