I have the lock function enabled on my phone so when I go to use it, I enter my password. However when I hook my BB up to my computer and I go to use the desktop manager it asks for my password , I enter my password onto my computer but it doesnt work. What password is it asking for? I am sitting at 6/10 incorrect tries and am afraid to try anymore.
    05-29-08 08:04 PM
    It's the same password as you use for your desktop. Are you sure you don't have CAPSLOCK on? Or are you maybe mixing numbers and letters? For example, maybe your password has a '4' and you're typing 's'?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 08:15 PM
    It's the same password as you use for your desktop. Are you sure you don't have CAPSLOCK on? Or are you maybe mixing numbers and letters? For example, maybe your password has a '4' and you're typing 's'?

I have in fact tries this and made sure that I did not have caps lock on and using both my desktop password and my blackberry password neither worked and it will not let me start using the software on my PC
    05-30-08 02:46 AM
    I had the same issue but my password was all number, so I thought until I went into dm and my pass wasn't working, it turned out that I hadn't pressed the num lock and I had used letters instead, I think that might be your issue.

05-30-08 03:00 AM
    I had the same issue but my password was all number, so I thought until I went into dm and my pass wasn't working, it turned out that I hadn't pressed the num lock and I had used letters instead, I think that might be your issue.

05-30-08 03:01 AM
    so what's the next step?
    i tried my berry password that i type when i unlock my phone and my laptop password and it still isnt working!?!?

what else are my options?
    06-04-08 08:24 PM
    First, don't try any more password attempts. If you hit 10 wrong, it's over.

JRSCCivic98 found a solution to this problem for another user a day or two ago. I'll search for that thread and if I can find it, I'll post it. You can be searching, too. Up until I saw his post, I would have told you there was no hope, but I believe there is. Maybe he'll see this and respond directly. Meanwhile, search.
    06-04-08 08:56 PM
    well i just had a dumb blonde moment! i just figured it out! and i did hit the last attempt where i had to enter blackberry!! ahhhhhh!!!!!

again...dumb blonde moment!
    06-04-08 09:01 PM
    What did you do? Tell us, not to embarrass yourself, but so we can remember it the next time somebody else does it. Guaranteed, you aren't the first or the last...
    06-04-08 09:04 PM
    haha...ok...

i was being dumb and i was typing "0" instead of the spacebar - which is part of my password!
    06-04-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD