Ok, so I was going to help a friend transfer her information from an old BB to a new one and decided to download desktop manager to play around with it before we started working with hers. All went fine up until I deleted an app and then hit the 'apply' button. Since then, it has been 'downloading device software' for approximately 3.5 hours now. All I did was delete one fricken' app! Right now I'm sitting at 352 of 402 'modules'. The number keeps increasing but at the rate of about 3 modules every 10 fricken' minutes.

So, here's the question. Is this unusual? I mean, at this rate it's going to take me over 8 hours to complete whatever the **** it's doing, all without use of my BB. Second question, how bad would it be if I just disconnected the BB? I don't see any 'cancel' option.

Thanks!
    09-14-10 04:04 PM
    Ain't DM6 great? It's likely you'll brick it, have to then wipe and reload from scratch. Do you have backups for your database and apps?
    09-14-10 04:09 PM
    I did a backup right before I started playing with the applications. Will that be what I need? The last thing I need right now is to have to try and fix my damn Tour. -.-
    09-14-10 04:11 PM
    Any apps it'll be a PITA to get again? Smart thinking getting it backed up.
    09-14-10 04:36 PM
    Since the 'download' had slowed to roughly 2 modules every 20 minutes, I decided to do something rash and yank the USB connection. I'm happy to report that all is well. There appears to be no problems with my Tour, said something about repairing a media card, then did it with no problems. So, that will be my one and only experiment with BB Desktop Manager. RIM, you guys suck. Can't wait for my upgrade to be available so I can snag myself a Droid. So tired of crap like this.

Thanks for the help BigBadWulf.
    09-14-10 04:41 PM
    NP! I'd get DM5, but be sure to uninstall DM6 first.
    09-14-10 04:46 PM
    Will do, thanks!
    09-14-10 04:53 PM
    is this an issue with DM6? because I just upgrade from dm5 and this thing doesnt let me pick OS's from other carriers such as verizon. Should I stick with dm5? thx
    09-15-10 02:54 AM
    I don't use DM to upgrade, but for backups, syncing, and app add/remove, I still prefer 4.6 over all the rest, followed by 5. 6 I keep trying every new release, but find it much more cumbersome except for the sync. That I have to turn off mass media mode before I connect, or loose control of my media card I can't stand.
    09-15-10 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD