first off, i apologize if this has been answered, I did several searches and could not find anything about it.

My mother is using a MacBook Pro and the Mac Desktop Manager and she is trying to sync her contacts from her address book on the Macbook to her Tour. She has some 300+ contacts but the Desktop Manager always runs into a problem when syncing contacts and only adds approximately 8-10 of the over 300 she needs to add. Has anyone ran into this problem before? What is the fix? Is there any free programs she could use to sync her contacts successfully from her Macbook to her Tour? Thank you for any help you guys can give us.
    10-14-09 12:56 PM
    She is using a mac but what are you using?

If you're using a pc:

1. Have Her export the contacts out as .vcf file
    2. Use outlook/addressbook in windows to import the contacts.
    3. Use Desktop Manager in windows to sync contacts(from outlook/addressbook) back to Her phone.
    10-14-09 01:48 PM
    She is using a mac but what are you using?

If you're using a pc:

1. Have Her export the contacts out as .vcf file
    2. Use outlook/addressbook in windows to import the contacts.
    3. Use Desktop Manager in windows to sync contacts(from outlook/addressbook) back to Her phone.
    She's using a Macbook Pro, that's the only computer we're using in this whole process as her contacts are only on her Macbook. Any help in that aspect? thank you for the help through a PC.
    10-14-09 03:54 PM
    via Mac only I cannot see a solution because I'm not too familiar.

But I have moved contacts from an Iphone/Mac->a file->outlook/addressbook(windows) then synced back to blackberry.

Perhaps someone with experience on Mac/blackberry can step in?
    10-14-09 05:21 PM
    I had the same problem. Here's what I did to solve it.

First export all the contacts as a backup to your deaktop
    Then delete all the contacts from address book
    The close addy
    Reopen and import the backup
    Resync the bb and it should work.

Let me know if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 05:32 PM
    Thanks - i had the same problem syncing my address book. exporting and re-importing seemed to be the answer!
    10-26-09 10:08 PM
    i tried this exporting/back up and then deleting in AddBook, then reimporting... it didn't work. I am still trying to figure out how to sync my contacts from Mac Address Book!
    03-12-10 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD