When I try to install BB desktop messanger (ran as administrator) this is what I get...

The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

I have uninstalled the previous version of Desktop manager but for some reason it still wont install.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! I HAVE BEEN AT THIS FOR 2 DAYS!
    01-31-10 03:20 PM
    You are not telling us much... Windows, Mac, etc..

If you are under Windows, make sure to uninstall any previous version of DM and rebooting your PC after that.

Before installing the new version of DM (use the latest 5.0.1) make sure to close any running apps in your PC. Before you ask you can use the latest DM regardless of your BB device. Especially if you are running Windows 7.

When installing, there might be a period of time when your PC seems to stop responding, leave it, eventually it will install.

In case this does not work, you may have downloaded a corrupted file in DM. Download a fresh copy.

I hope this helps!
    01-31-10 05:16 PM
    You are not telling us much... Windows, Mac, etc..

If you are under Windows, make sure to uninstall any previous version of DM and rebooting your PC after that.

Before installing the new version of DM (use the latest 5.0.1) make sure to close any running apps in your PC. Before you ask you can use the latest DM regardless of your BB device. Especially if you are running Windows 7.

When installing, there might be a period of time when your PC seems to stop responding, leave it, eventually it will install.

In case this does not work, you may have downloaded a corrupted file in DM. Download a fresh copy.

I hope this helps!
    I apologize for the lack of information...

I have windows Vista home edition.

I have completely uninstalled the previous desktop manager. I have tried 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0 from the blackberry website and i get the same response. I have closed all windows when starting the installation process. I have turned off the system logs and I that hasn't helped either. Any other ideas?
    01-31-10 06:37 PM
    I am having the same problem too.. I wish I hadn't deleted the old DM. I really want to backup my blackberry in case something happens! I have no idea why I can't download it. It won't even run on the desk that came with the phone. I'm running Vista too. ugh I miss XP.
    02-01-10 09:46 PM
    I have the exact same problem and I'm on Windows XP. I have tried pretty much everything but I still get this error message. Can anyone please help? Thanks!
    02-02-10 09:34 AM
    HELP!! I've spent 4+ hours trying to install the Blackberry desktop software on my PC tonight! I keep getting an error message about some kind of missing Microsoft.NET file. I am running Windows XP, but an old version. I did try to download a new service pack for the Microsoft.NET from Windows, but for some reason, it will not download to my PC, so I can't get past this error!!!

ANY ADVICE??? The desktop feature & the ability to keep my family's calendar all in one place is a MAJOR reason that I just purchased a Blackberry!
    Thanks!!
    02-14-10 07:48 PM
    Have you tried downloading Microsoft .NET framwork 3.5, just google it and try that. Had the same problem on my daughters laptop running Vista.

Also search for other updates on Microsoft.
    02-15-10 02:56 AM
    Hello,
    I did try downloading that Microsoft.NET but during the download process, it gave some message about not being able to connect to server, so the download did not work. I had no internet issues so not sure what that means!!

I had a feeling this was the answer so I guess now I just have to get that download to happen!!! Will try again, maybe their server had issues?

Thanks for your reply!
    02-15-10 08:32 AM
    I''m having problms too. I select download, dwnload starts, finishes dwnload and then just disappears. And i can't find it in my system anywhere. I have Windows 7 and a Curve
    02-19-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD