Hi all, got my Storm last week- first Blackberry

Having some problems with the Desktop Manager software though... It seems that 99% of the time it won't detect when my device is attached to my computer- regardless of which USB port I attach it to. Also, everytime I reboot I get one good shot at using the app, because when I launch it a second time there are no icons and I can't quit out of it without killing the process. It will stay that way until I reboot.

This issue has survived 4 uninstall-reinstalls now and is starting to get on my nerves, as I can't do any backup/syncing!!

Any advice please help! And if anyone feels like helping me waste my day feel free to hit me up on BBM - 20D373D1 - 24/Sydney working for Vodafone.

Thanks!
    04-22-09 07:18 AM
    Most likely this is due to not having the correct USB drivers installed. I think they're on the setup CD (if that's what you used to install Desktop Manager), otherwise you can definitely get them from BB company site...
    04-22-09 07:21 AM
    Just tried that... downloaded USB drivers from the BB site and it told me I had the most recent installed already.
    04-22-09 07:27 AM

The only thing I can think of is the connection settings are wrong. Go to Options > Connection Options and check that connection Type = USB (rather than <None>)...
    04-22-09 07:34 AM
    Triple checked

thanks anyway... might go so far as to format my computer on the weekend just to get this working...
    04-22-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD