Hi everybody, am trying to update my bold 9700 5.0.0321 OS to any of OS 6. I connected my phone to pc,my desktop manager showed me lists of OS 6.0.0 applications update available,which I clicked on update...after downloading modules and backing up my device. Getting to;
    Load JVM and system software......it will stop
    My phone will turn off then;
    "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software,please try again" will appear on DM
    I have tried it like 4times still the same.
    I bought my phone unbranded, Do I have to delete d vendor file ?(My vendor file is <vendorsrc version="0.0.0.0"/>)
    Or I am using DM V.5.0.0.11,if I update it,will it solve my problem?
    Or should I download OS 6 .exe for another vendor and delete .xml ?
    I want to ask you guys(the experts!) On what to do first....pls help me!(Pls simplify the process) Thanks
    08-28-11 09:01 AM
    Try to update/upgrade without DM and use loader.exe instead. (Post #4) Read thru the entire guide too.

All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos
    08-28-11 09:22 AM
    Uploader might solve the problem. If it doesn't, upgrade your DM to v.6 and delete the vendor.xml before uploading. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 12:04 PM
    DM needs to be upgraded if the problems persist even after following the instructions.

08-28-11 06:02 PM
    Hi everyone thanks so much for all your contributions. @andyahs I followed the instructions from your links...I works(atleast I havnt noticed any problem yet wit OS6). My phone is running OS6.0.0.650 now. Thanx

08-29-11 05:39 AM
    im having the same problem. But apploader is not seeing the OS I installed on my computer. Any suggestions?
    09-30-11 01:10 AM
    im having the same problem. But apploader is not seeing the OS I installed on my computer. Any suggestions?
    Do you have more than one OS installed on your PC?
    09-30-11 07:30 AM
    do a search for vendor.xml and delete it/them.
    09-30-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD