Hi everyone,

First of all - I'm new to the world of Blackberry and my knowledge of these smartphones is almost zilch.

I had a Blackberry Desktop Manager version 4.6 on my PC, which I used to create a backup of my smartphone before updating the phone's software. The backup file was stored as .IPD.

Then I updated my phone's software. And I also upgraded to version 6.0 of the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Now when I connect my phone to the PC and try to restore the .IPD file - I cannot do it!! The DM does not recognise the .IPD file that is lying in my PC. It keeps showing me folders to choose from The .IPD file does not show as an option. What to do? I have all my contacts, SMS and a lot of other things in the backup file that I need.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    04-29-12 06:25 AM
    If Blackberry Desktop Manager does not allow you to restore from backup, you can try using Blackberry Backup Extractor to retrieve your data. It will allow you to extract files to your computer, most of which can be easily imported back to your device. Hope this helps.
    04-30-12 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD