So I upgraded to BBM 5.0 with OS on my curve 8310. Now, i'm trying to backup my phone using desktop manager. Everything seems to be working fine until the backup hits the BBgroups back up phase. Everything stalls, I have yet to complete a successful backup with the new BBM 5.0 installed. Post some of your input!

please & thanks
    11-01-09 04:11 PM
    hey did you find out what the problem was, Ive been having this issue, the Bold isnt my main phone, but its becoming a pain not being able to backup my stuff, I see a lot of posts about this, but no solution....what Gives smh
    05-08-10 06:42 AM
    Check your device to see if any apps are asking for permissions when it freezes on BBGroups.
    05-08-10 09:46 AM
    It take a while for the group to be backed up. I currently have 4 groups and it takes between 10-20min to back up the groups and also to restore them. Restoring is pain in the **** because most of them doesn't restore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 10:12 AM
    Im thinking maybe because all of my groups have a bunch of pic and comments, but it says it cant create a back up at all.... but i'll def try it out Shao and see if thats the issue Thanks
    05-09-10 11:15 PM
    I had this issue with my 8330 too. At one point I couldn't get it to back up at all. Eventually I used a little patience and a different USB port on my laptop. It finally worked but it did take about 20 minutes. I only belong to one group.
    Good Luck.
    05-10-10 05:29 PM
    so, it looks like patience is the key in getting this backup done... I'm sitting at the BBGroups stage of the backup now, and have been waiting about 5 minutes (i'm in 3 groups).

If it works, you won't hear back from me, and you just need to wait it out. Peace.
    05-11-10 02:47 PM
    ok so it worked! just be patient and it'll go through just fine!
    05-11-10 02:48 PM
    I manually backed up everything in advanced settings and checked off BBGroups, backup worked with no problem.....but to do that all the time :-(
    05-11-10 11:54 PM