Hello all!

I've only used Desktop Manager a few times, had no problems. Today I plugged in my Storm and it shows that the phone is charging (lightning bolt on charge indicator and automatically goes to clock) but DM does not recognize that the phone is plugged in. BB Device Manager also shows no connection.

I've checked ports in WinXP Device Manager, RIM Virtual Serial Port v.2 is there, no exclamation points showing errors that I can find.

Tried reloading USB driver's, no luck. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers, no luck. Uninstalled Desktop Manager and reinstalled, no luck. Tried different USB ports, no luck. Restarted the computer many times, no luck. Tried searching the forums, nothing that seems relevant but maybe my search terms were wrong.

Any suggestions?
    05-28-09 11:47 AM
    I'm in need of similiar help as well, hopefully someone can reply to this.
    05-29-09 12:06 PM
    I was able to connect after pulling the battery from the device and waiting 15 seconds before putting it back in. After reboot, the phone connected fine.
    05-29-09 12:13 PM
    That battery pull is an amazing thing. I read somewhere hear a few days a thread that said RIM recommends leaving the battery out for 5 minutes for persistent problems.

Grey
    05-29-09 12:16 PM
    I had the same problem just now after upgrading to .148. I found out that a loader.exe process was still running after the upgrade was done. Once I stopped it, DM recognized my device again
    05-31-09 08:18 PM
    try options>memory>auto enable mass storage mode when connected>YES
    06-01-09 10:38 AM
    I had the same problem just now after upgrading to .148. I found out that a loader.exe process was still running after the upgrade was done. Once I stopped it, DM recognized my device again
    where did you find that the .exe file was running? i've looked under processes in task manager but it wasn't there.
    06-02-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD