I cannot add or remove programs from my phone, it scans and basically does not find any. also when I go to the media manager, I am not able to look at anything on the phone or memory card

Carrier is Alltel, its a Curve 8330, and I have the latest Desktop Manager and the software on the phone is 4.5.0.160
    07-08-09 03:56 PM
    I cannot add or remove programs from my phone, it scans and basically does not find any. also when I go to the media manager, I am not able to look at anything on the phone or memory card

Carrier is Alltel, its a Curve 8330, and I have the latest Desktop Manager and the software on the phone is 4.5.0.160

Do you have mass storage enabled??

As for DM not seeing you apps, you might want to delete and reinstall your dm.
    07-08-09 04:04 PM
    Do you have mass storage enabled??

As for DM not seeing you apps, you might want to delete and reinstall your dm.

well, I acidentally told it not to ask me about that when I plugged it in, is there any way to change that back

and I tried that
    07-08-09 04:06 PM
    well, I acidentally told it not to ask me about that when I plugged it in, is there any way to change that back

and I tried that
    From the DM go to back up>>options>> Back up on-board device memory>> back up
    07-08-09 04:15 PM
    From the DM go to back up>>options>> Back up on-board device memory>> back up

Why do I need to do that?
    07-08-09 05:01 PM
    still need help
    07-09-09 10:26 AM
    Why do I need to do that?
    that is to enable mass storage mode on your dm. If that did not work you might want to wipe your os.
    07-09-09 10:39 AM
    that is to enable mass storage mode on your dm. If that did not work you might want to wipe your os.
    but that also backs it up and I don't really need to do that, is there another way to turn it on
    07-09-09 10:52 AM
    but that also backs it up and I don't really need to do that, is there another way to turn it on
    07-09-09 10:54 AM
    First media card access: Options > Media Card > Media Card Support = on, Mass Storage Mode Support = on, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Second adding and removing applications. Can you do a back up of your device using DM? If not there's a communication problem btwn your PC and your BB. If you can, next go into app loader and see if it lists 3rd party apps on your device.
    07-09-09 11:01 AM
    First media card access: Options > Media Card > Media Card Support = on, Mass Storage Mode Support = on, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Second adding and removing applications. Can you do a back up of your device using DM? If not there's a communication problem btwn your PC and your BB. If you can, next go into app loader and see if it lists 3rd party apps on your device.

well, the app loader does not list the apps

and I am going to attempt to back it up, but that usually takes forever
    07-09-09 11:13 AM
    it says "working" on the backup thing
    07-09-09 11:13 AM
    ok, its been almost an hour and it still has not finished backing up
    07-09-09 11:55 AM
    Do you have your phone's OS installed on your computer? You need the device software installed in order for DM to read the apps on the phone.
    07-09-09 12:12 PM
    Do you have your phone's OS installed on your computer? You need the device software installed in order for DM to read the apps on the phone.

How do I check that?
    07-09-09 12:24 PM
    Only if you mean the OS files/apps. You don't need it the OS installed to read 3rd party apps and themes.

To check if the OS is installed open Control Panel on your PC, go to Add/Remove programs and see if there is an entry for BlackBerry Device Software.
    07-09-09 12:26 PM
    In DM, go to Help...About BlackBerry Desktop Manager and pick the Device Software tab. If it's installed, it'll be listed.

My guess is, if you don't know, chances are it's not installed. You have to download and install it separately from DM.
    07-09-09 12:27 PM
    yes it has 2 listed

4.5.0.127 and 4.5.0.160
    07-09-09 12:30 PM
    Only if you mean the OS files/apps. You don't need it the OS installed to read 3rd party apps and themes.

To check if the OS is installed open Control Panel on your PC, go to Add/Remove programs and see if there is an entry for BlackBerry Device Software.
    Unless they've changed DM, you've always needed the device software installed to add or remove third party apps with DM. Otherwise it would give an error saying no software was found for your device when you selected a .alx file.
    07-09-09 12:31 PM
    yes it has 2 listed

4.5.0.127 and 4.5.0.160
    Uninstall the one that is not on your BB.
    07-09-09 12:32 PM
    Unless they've changed DM, you've always needed the device software installed to add or remove third party apps with DM. Otherwise it would give an error saying no software was found for your device when you selected a .alx file.
    Well I checked before posting. I don't have an OS installed on my work PC, but when I go to App Loader, it shows all my 3rd apps and themes. I've also installed 3rd party apps without an OS installed.
    07-09-09 12:33 PM
    Then they must have changed something in the newer versions.
    07-09-09 12:35 PM
    Could be. I don't think I every use DM 4.2 that came with my BB. Went right to 4.5 and then 4.6.
    07-09-09 12:43 PM
    Uninstall the one that is not on your BB.
    I am sorry for sounding like an *****, but how do I do that?

because it only shows that in the DM, it only has one in the add remove thing
    07-09-09 12:49 PM
    I am sorry for sounding like an *****, but how do I do that?

because it only shows that in the DM, it only has one in the add remove thing
    Odd. Well to be comprehensive and avoid futilely trying a million things, I would do this:

1. Check the OS version on your BB. Options > About, 3rd line. Make sure you have a copy of that OS save on your PC.

2. Download a new copy of DM. DM 4.6 without media manager is recommended, but including MM is not a problem/

3. Go to add/remove programs and remove the OS that's installed in windows.

4. Uninstall the DM that's installed in windows.

5. Restart your PC.

6. Install DM and see if you can do what you want to do.

7. Install the OS in windows.
    07-09-09 12:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD