Hello. I've been rummaging through old threads regarding syncing, sync software, and other related issues with storm 9530 and apple ical/address book. In fact, I've spent the last 2-3 days on multiple sites trying to figure out how to solve my phone's glitchy sync issues.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've tried 3 distinct approaches to sync my Storm to my ical/address book. I first tried what worked in the past (the newest version of Pocket Mac by RIM). The app itself sometimes has seemed a little glitchy. Sometimes the app would launch, then just bounce on the dock before closing itself. Other times when syncing the progress bar would get stuck or freeze. Other times the sync works flawlessly.

I wondered if Pocket Mac isn't working as well as it did on my previous bberry. So from suggestions here I tried the latest version of Mark/Space's Missing Sync. It has some cool features but I kept getting error messages during syncs. Likewise, the bluetooth sync feature didn't always appear solid.

Then I decided to try a completely different apporach to syncing my bberry with Google Synce. I read about Spanning Sync and Google Sync working together wirelessly. Cool idea. For whatever reason google sync worked well in syncing contacts from my bberry to google. However, syncing calendar events was a different story:
    - Events created on my bberry never showed up in my google cal.
    - Multi-day events from google cal show up only the first day within bberry calendar.

Needless to say, I'm really confused how to unleash my bberry smart phone. I love the promise of this device and have been very happy with previous bberry phones.

Any thoughts? I have now starting considering abandoning all of these approaches and paying for an exchange server plan or whatever. I hear this approach is like google sync in that I could wirelessly update calendar and contacts.

I'm running Mac OS is 10.5.6 and the Bberry Os is 4.7.0.75

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    02-20-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD