So yesterday the little bubble pops up stating that there are updates for my Blackberry. I get excited to find out what new features I will get. Click the bubble and Desktop Software 6.0 is on it's way...

Since downloading it, it is trying to change my default calendar to FAcebook rather than Outlook, when I try to sync calendars it's tried to delete ALL my appointments that do not match the 3 events that I said I was attending on Facebook, and NONE of my media apps work (camera, video camera, and music player). Under the applications tab on 6.0 it shows some updates to the 5.0 core applications. I highlight the update and go to click apply and nothing happens (won't let me click the button).

I've tried removing 6.0 and re-downloading it, and the same problem exists.

Anyone know how to resolve this or how I can get whatever Desktop 5.0 version back so I can at least properly sync outlook and have use of my media players back?

Blackberry Storm 9350
    Last edited by thecoach17; 08-11-10 at 08:16 PM.
    08-11-10 08:11 PM
    Same problem here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 11:51 PM
    Not sure what I did, but it's working now. Windows update did an automatic update, restarted my computer, then had an Adobe Flash update pop up. Updated that, then opened desktop 6.0 and it seemed to work. not sure if it was coincidence or if it had to do with the flash update or one of the others, but it's good to go. got the Core apps update and now all the problems with the calendar, media, etc seems to have worked itself out.
    08-12-10 03:38 PM
    I know during my 6.0 install the DM installer says it needed to load a couple modules before it could continue the install. Did you get that message? Maybe this has something to do with what you experienced.
    08-12-10 03:58 PM
    Hmm...I installed the new Desktop 6.0, hooked up my phone, and was prompted to download updates to the BB core apps. After doing so, it took two hard battery pulls to get the phone to restart properly (got as far as the VZW splash screen and froze) but now - knock on wood - it's working OK. Haven't tried the backup function yet though. Go figure.
    08-13-10 12:21 PM
    Hmm...I installed the new Desktop 6.0, hooked up my phone, and was prompted to download updates to the BB core apps. After doing so, it took two hard battery pulls to get the phone to restart properly (got as far as the VZW splash screen and froze) but now - knock on wood - it's working OK. Haven't tried the backup function yet though. Go figure.
    Prompted to download Core Apps but when I hover over the "Apply" button, it wont let me click on it. 2 uninstalls and reinstalls later...same problem!!!
    09-01-10 07:00 PM
    Prompted to download Core Apps but when I hover over the "Apply" button, it wont let me click on it. 2 uninstalls and reinstalls later...same problem!!!
    ...same problem here. Has anyone else seen this? I may just go back to 5.0 since I am not a fan of the new interface..
    09-09-10 06:47 AM
    After a bit more research, I was able to get this to work. It seems that the update to the Core Applicions that is automatically selected is quite large, and will use up quite a bit of the applicaiton storage during installation....I was also seeing the "exceeded available storage" notice at the bottom of the screen.

If you have a lot of applications, you may have to remove a few of them and do a batt pull prior to connecting to the Desktop Software. Once you are able to clear enough room to install the required core applicaions update - then some more room will clear on your application memory, and you will be able to reinstall those app's.

A bit of an annoying problem I agree, but it's what I've learned to deal with...comes with the territory!
    09-09-10 07:18 AM
    anyone get music to work
    09-09-10 08:36 AM
    I still haven't figure out how to export my music from my laptop to the phone its there a way its this possible .I was doing fine with my old version until I updated it this really sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 06:04 PM
    I have all of the problems listed above and I have also lost my bluetooth connectivity for sync.
    09-14-10 03:03 PM
    Besides having some of the problems previously stated, I also couldn't use media sync. I was running .328. I updated the phone to .797 and media is now working fine.
    My problem now is the calendar wants to sync with yahoo. I never selected anything to have yahoo as a default.
    I found where you can configure the sync for yahoo, but it won't let me get rid of it.
    All my calendar entries are doubled because it syncs with both outlook and yahoo.
    Any suggestions?
    09-15-10 11:15 AM
    Here is what I suggest:

1. On your phone go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and be sure that the calendar you want (outlook) is selected as your default calendar. It will probably be shown by email address.

2. Connect your phone to your computer and open DM and go to Backup/Restore, then Advanced Backup and clear all calendar entries. This will remove the double entries.

3. Sync your phone with Outlook.

This should correct the issue.
    09-15-10 05:00 PM
    That worked. Thanks for the help!
    09-15-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD