Need some insight on what my potential problem is;

I have downloaded the latest Verison 4.7 OS from the sticky in the forum. I have followed the install instructions to the 'T' (I am not a newbie when it comes to this, have done these types of upgrades over 2 dozen times on 2 different handsets).

The issue I have now is that almost every other time I plug my Tour to sync with the DM, it always tells me there are new files to be updated on the handset. These are the very same files I have already installed on the handset!! I have seen this happen to my Bold 9700 as well, BUT in that case, the DM realizes that the handset has the latest version and cancels out after it 'starts' to try and upgrade.

With the Tour, it does not. Unless I manually cancel the process, it will continue and for those that have done this, IT TAKES SOME TIME!!

So, any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Thanks
    12-29-09 12:48 PM
    Maybe making sure DM is updated to the newest version could solve the problem? One other thing too, is if you ever downloaded a leaked OS that was a higher version than the one you currently have and you just deleted the files without going through the add/remove programs link in my computer, it may have left ghosts of those other OSs that can make DM think there are newer versions to update to. You may have already gone through that, but it's just a thought.
    12-29-09 02:03 PM
    mine does that too on my storm when I updated to the official 5.0.328 software. Doesn't do it on my tour thank god
    12-29-09 02:25 PM
    Update using loader.exe or using BBSAK. I use either method and both work great. Also make sure you only have your OS that you want to installed to your phone installed on your computer. Uninstall any other OS you have saved on the comp. Lastly make sure you have no internet connection. If that still doesnt do it take some screen shots to give us a better idea. It might be as simple as just forgetting that one step, as I did last week lol.
    12-29-09 02:45 PM
    Thanks for all your tips! I have removed the BB OS update from windows (all/remove programs) and am currently updating my BB DM. Hope this resolves this otherwise annoying issue.
    12-29-09 04:44 PM
    Resolved! Did what i mentioned above and its fixed
    12-29-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD