I really need some help here. These are probably easy questions. Let me start off by saying I have had my blackberry pearl 8100 for 3 1/2 years. Yesterday, the keys completely stopped working-absolutely nothing would work. My trackball has been missing for about 6 months and I have been doing really well actually without figuring out ways to use it. So I called tmobile and decided to get a new phone. So I got the blackberry curve. I'm pretty clueless with alot of things when it comes to blackberry, but I absolutely love it.
    So my problem is I was very worried about my 200 plus photos I have stored in my phone. I do not have a memory card. Tmobile said to download desktop manager so I could backup everything and I should have my pictures.
    Okay so I downloaded blackberry desktop manager. Then I did a backup. It said it would have everything saved to a folder and gave a name for it. So after it was done, I pulled the folder, but could not look in it...IPD file. So now what? Please tell me how do I make sure I get these pictures transferred or whatever it is that I need to do.
    Also would like to add that after I did the backup, my phone works perfectly now....besides the fact that I'm missing my trackball. I'm still going to get the curve.
    First thing I'm going to do for sure is get a memory card.
    So please, please tell me what should I do?!
    I also have one more question about it, but I'll will for a response first...I hope I get a response!
    07-29-10 08:11 PM
    I should have proofread my question....I meant to say I have been doing really well without the trackball and have figured out different ways to use it, but that's not really important anyway.
    07-29-10 08:15 PM
    Here are my steps for a device switch....

1) backup device with Device Manager
    2) backup third party apps with Device Manager
    3) backup BBM with online BBM Backup
    4) run Device Switch (if prompted, do NOT delete content from old device)
    5) restore BBM contacts
    7) reconfigure email
    8) keep old device around until you confirm that everything copied over correctly.

Hope this helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to help out if I can.
    07-29-10 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD