I have been evaluating the Storm along side my iPhone and have been dead center on the fence for nearly a month. I had pretty much decided to turn the iPhone into a "touch" and keep the Storm, but then the application Logmein turned up in the App Store. It is an AMAZING tool for doing remote administration on desktops and servers. I won't go into detail about the app because I don't want to sound like a shill for them, but if you do remote administration in your line of work, you should at least Google it and check it out. I have used TS clients with Mac and tried one a few years ago on the BB, but I've never used anything this.... USABLE... before. I can literally do everything remotely from my iPhone to any number of servers and desktops. I have not had to carry my laptop since I started using this product and have literally sat in a restaurant and reset passwords, kicked off backups, etc with great ease.

This application alone has pretty much convinced me that I would keep the iPhone and return the Storm. However, I still can't bring myself to box the BB up just yet and wondering if anyone is or has used a really good remote admin product for the BB Storm? I have Googled a few but wasn't impressed by the site and wanted some real user feedback. I think if I could find something as useful as the Logmein client, I would keep the Storm.

I really do like the Storm and am not trying to push the Logmein product. Logmein will actually allow me to remote admin a BB handset and WM and Symbian devices. It just does not have a client for remote admin FROM a Berry.

Any suggestions that you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    01-11-09 11:11 AM
    Rove - Mobile IT Management -- may be an option. I'm not sure of price, but I have a friend who uses it at work and loves it.

I'm also looking for a good, preferably native Storm RDP app... and VPN client, of course. I just want it all!
    01-11-09 12:41 PM
    Tight vnc worked well when I checked it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 12:56 PM
    RDP works perfect if you have an Iphone. Iphone wins again..
    09-08-09 05:04 PM
    there has to be a VPN client or some tutorial to set up VPN or RDP in the forums. If not, I would like to know as well

btw, i tethered my bb via BT to my notebook using PdaNet and was able to RDP no problems, so i don't see why the bb itself wouldn't be able to RDP.
    09-08-09 05:14 PM
    My bet would be it doesn't meet RIM's security standards. I use RDM+ ... pay once for the BB-based client and then install the desktop piece on as many PC's as you like. I have 6 I control from my Storm right now. Works perfect every time. I can do a complete Remote Desktop session, or just get into the drives for quick file transfer or just go into system and take care of admin tasks. Totally secure. Highly recommended. I would never trust the business I need to transact to an unsecured device like an iPhone ... your mileage may vary.
    09-08-09 10:13 PM
    Yeah can you open up something like pokerstars from your bb using rdm+? I would like to play poker for real money on my storm and haven't found any other way.
    09-11-09 09:47 AM
    Yeah can you open up something like pokerstars from your bb using rdm+? I would like to play poker for real money on my storm and haven't found any other way.
    just tried rdm+ with pokerstarts and it is NOT ideal. too hard to navigate quickly.
    09-11-09 01:44 PM
    been using RDM+ on my storm for months, works great when you have a strong signal. I like the file manager too. Useful if you have a file on your desktop that you need or you want to want to download that album you just ripped but forgot to transfer via usb
    09-11-09 05:35 PM
    Well can anyone tell me the best way i would go about playing poker for money on a bb. Long story short its really the only acces i have to the internet right now, and need to make some money
    09-12-09 11:33 AM
    Well can anyone tell me the best way i would go about playing poker for money on a bb. Long story short its really the only acces i have to the internet right now, and need to make some money
    I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you can afford a cheap laptop and the TetherBerry app you would be good to go. Probably not what you want to do because of the upfront $ output, but it is an alternative if you have no other internet access and it's portable!

Hope this helps, good luck!!
    09-12-09 11:47 AM
    +1 for RDM+ and I am selling my copy of it, if anyone is interested...sorry didn't mean to steal this thread.
    09-12-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks man...financial situation is fine its just that I'm not even supposed to have a phone let alone a laptop...I'm in a halfway house aha....anyway absolutepoker has a no download feature but it still won't let me open it....I think I ma need java...if so please tell me how I would go about doin this....thank you
    09-13-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD