I'm getting the Tour tomorrow. (my first Blackberry) I will also be purchasing, within the next week or so, a MAC computer. Will it mater to my Blackberry if I start off with a PC then change to a MAC? I'll only be using it for a phone, browsing and texting probably at first. Any thoughts?
    07-11-09 04:38 PM
    I'm sure your Blackberry's feelings won't be hurt if you switch from a PC to a Mac, but I'm pretty sure Desktop Manager software doesn't work on Mac. But if you're not planning to use DM, then you have no worries.
    07-11-09 04:39 PM
    If I were you, I'd keep that PC running, or available for using Desktop Manager to make regular backups of your BB.

You will be glad you did when OS upgrades become available. You will need Desktop Manager to perform OS upgrades/reloads as well.
    07-11-09 04:56 PM
    I'm getting the Tour tomorrow. (my first Blackberry) I will also be purchasing, within the next week or so, a MAC computer. Will it mater to my Blackberry if I start off with a PC then change to a MAC? I'll only be using it for a phone, browsing and texting probably at first. Any thoughts?

Check this out, I too was on the website for BB deskmanager and it said it will not work with the current OS on Mac. You can try this link Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Smartphone and Mac Requirements

and also for free Pocket PC.

I use missing sync for my winmo device and after some time getting it down I found it very easy to use.
    07-11-09 04:59 PM
    or if you want to get rid of that pc you can download a windows emulator for mac os
    07-11-09 05:04 PM
    or if you want to get rid of that pc you can download a windows emulator for mac os
    Some people have issues using an emulator. The best option is to use Boot Camp
    07-11-09 05:27 PM
    i bought parallels and got my hands on windows XP so i can use desktop manager. i just didn't like the 3rd party programs to sync up the blackberry. with boot camp you have to shut down mac and load windows and vise versa. with parallels they run at the same time. before i bought a mac i realized the only reason i still had a PC was because of desktop manager and microsoft office i dumped the pc and went mac and i am never looking back.
    07-11-09 05:44 PM
    I love my Mac! It makes me smile just thinking about it.

I don't think there's any other pairing that's sexier then a Mac and a Blackberry.
    07-11-09 05:52 PM
    I've been using BBs on Macs for quite a while and I have to say that the money spent on Missing Sync was well worth it. I've had flawless syncs and no data corruption. It just plain works.

I've used it with an 8830 and a Storm and will be hooking my Tour up to it this week!
    07-11-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD