First - I love this forum. It's been a huge help with my new Storm....I love the Dark theme by Mr. Abbot! However:

I run parallels on my Mac Book Pro. I"m having the worst time trying to use media sync to move my music from my iTunes. I didn't download the Mac version, because that would render my Pocket Mac useless. So i put it on the XP side. I added an XP itunes and figures that would be the best way. iTunes migraded all the info (playlist, files etc) from the mac side no problem. When i went to sync with my BB Storm on XP side, it recognizes it (great), allows me to pick the playlist i created (great) and when i click "sync" it starts then crashes...everything freezes up.

Any ideas? Is it because i'm on Parallels? I may just commit my XP Parallels to run all things BB (calendar, contacts etc). I'm going to try and install the Mac Version on Media sync and see if that runs better...

I have a BB and an iTouch. I picked up the Storm cause i'm tired of carrying around both devices. Honestly, i love the way mac integrates everything so it just takes a few clicks from a master screen and voila - movies, tv shows, music, apps, contacts, calendars are taken cared of at once. Is it futile for us to try and do this with our Storms? Ranting...

E.
    03-18-09 09:27 AM
    It's most likely your setup. Either way, be aware that if the songs you're syncing over are DRM'd, they won't play anyway, so you may be wasting time with this. You'll find that a lot of us just copy the music onto our devices with Mass Storage Mode.
    03-18-09 09:33 AM
    Hi,
    Parallels seem to give the trouble, I fancy. With Parallels, I experienced a lot of problems when trying to sync my storm. I switched to VMware Fusion which runs smoothly. I even perform my rom upgrades this way and installed three OS versions succesfully without problems.
    There are some threads about the Parallels issues, and most of the people here seem to use either Fusion or Bootcamp.
    btw: Syncing playlists from iTunes Mac to my Storm is easy with TheMissingSync from Markspace.com, I use it. Unfortunately it costs 40 Dollars...
    NB: If You do not need Your iTouch any more: Can I buy it? ;-)))
    03-18-09 09:38 AM
    I have never had any luck getting syncing or updating rom versions on my storm through Parallels. I started using VMware like pilot and everything works great
    03-18-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD