Hello,

I read other posts regarding sync issues between Outlook 2010 and our Blackberry's but was still unable to find a solution. Especially with DM6 out, I should not have to resort to "Companionsync.com" correct?

When I sync, I am getting an error code: 0x80043ac9. Nothing is syncing to Outlook. Any suggestions on what to do here??
    05-03-11 01:49 PM
    Are you running a Click to Run version of Office 2010?

It might be necessary to uninstall Click to Run. Click-to-Run: Switch to using an MSI-based Office edition - Excel - Microsoft Office
    05-03-11 02:36 PM
    Lak611,

I am running Office Home & Business 2010. So definitely no variations other than the original here.
    05-03-11 02:58 PM
    So you do not have Click to Run when you follow the tips in the link from Microsoft?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 03:04 PM
    Lak611,

What do you mean exactly? I purchased my copy of Office 2010 from Best Buy.
    05-03-11 03:06 PM
    When you go to Start>All programs>Microsoft Office, do you see "Click-to-Run"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 03:08 PM
    Lak611,

No I do not. I see all the program icons associated with Office 2010.
    05-03-11 03:16 PM
    Hello,

I just reinstalled both Office 2010 and the latest Desktop Manager. Unfortunately, when I try to sync, I am getting the same error code: 0x80043ac9. Any other suggestions??
    05-03-11 03:17 PM
    Did you install the 64 bit version or the 32 bit? Unless something has changed, Desktop Manager and Outlook 2010 64 bit don't work together.
    res3228 likes this.
    05-03-11 04:50 PM
    Have you checked the log when the sync fails to see if it indicates failing on the Calendar sync or Contacts sync?

I've had error message issues between Outlook (different versions) and Desktop Manager before. Many times it's Desktop Manager not liking something in a calendar or contact item.

With Contacts, the common problem is pictures or attachments. I remove them or don't allow the attachment to sync (customize your sync settings). There can also be an issue if some contacts don't have any of the Name fields filled in (First, Last, Full).

With Calendar, it sometimes has to also do with attachments, or recurring appointments.
    05-03-11 04:56 PM
    Did you install the 64 bit version or the 32 bit? Unless something has changed, Desktop Manager and Outlook 2010 64 bit don't work together.
    I run 64 bit Outlook 2010. It does sync with DM 6.

It will not sync with older versions of DM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    chrispipe likes this.
    05-03-11 05:36 PM
    I've seen some other posts about this and in some cases a birthday entered improperly caused it.

If you are referring to CompanionLink in the OP then no, you shouldn't need it.

That said, I have that program and love it. I had a multitude of sync issues(although not your error) and it solved them all. I forked over the money and it was worth every penny. They have a free trial.
    05-04-11 06:24 AM
    Hello,

I am using the 32 bit Windows 7 version. My Outlook 2010 has nothing in there in terms of contacts or calendar entries. I even set up one way sync so Outlook can grab data from my Torch but still no success.

One more thing: I noticed the error message occurs exactly when it is syncing records. I believe this phase of the sync process is after the contacts are synced. Once the sync process reaches "record 78 of 195 records", the error message occurs. How do I locate "record 78"? What is a "record"? Also, how do I find the sync log? As mentioned above, maybe this can be a good area to look at.
    05-04-11 08:22 AM
    Hello,

Turns out there was a birthday error. Turns out my brother was born on 0001 AD hah. WHY did this screw up happen though? Was it due to Outlook or due to DM6??
    05-04-11 11:29 AM
    How is your brother doing, by the way?
    05-04-11 11:44 AM
    Hello,

Turns out there was a birthday error. Turns out my brother was born on 0001 AD hah. WHY did this screw up happen though? Was it due to Outlook or due to DM6??
    Haha on that birthday! Glad you found the error. Finding which "record" (which is an entry, either contract or calendar entry) is hard. I've usually just applied filters and sorted in Outlook to find anything odd.

Not sure which program has the actual problem. It seems to be almost a "translation" issue with DM being really picky on how it reads what Outlook has. That said, I've had the same problem where a one-way sync also wouldn't work from the blackberry to Outlook. Don't know which program to blame, but it has been ongoing for a long time between Outlook and DM.
    05-04-11 12:05 PM
    Does DM 6 work with Blackberry Curve 8310
    07-15-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD