Hey guyss, I have 2 pretty big problems that are annoying me,

1st Issue: Rogers sent me a new blackberry 9700 2 weeks ago because my old one had some internal problems, today I tried and hooked it up to desktop manager and it wouldnt work. usually on my old blackberry it would ask me if I would like to turn on mass storage mode, for this one it just blinks a few times and then doesnt do anything, like its struggling to get connected. So i "formatted" My media card cause I read online to do so and now I lost all my media which pissed me off, then I uninstalled Desktop Manager cause Someone told me it would fix it, it didnt it still keeps blinking and fails to connect, does anyone know how to resolve this issue ?!

2nd Issue: I have been waiting forever to get the Blackberry OS 6 software upgrade because it is soo nice, ive been wanting it and finally I saw it when I pressed upgrade device I pressed it and tried to install it and then it gave me this message

"This BlackBerry Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

Now I dont have a data plan nor a email set up on my blackberry but I really want it , My dad isnt going to get my data for a while, I think the reason why it wont work is due to I need data or a social networking plan. the reason I dont have one is cause I bought the phone from rogers without a plan, I was wondering, can I install this software without needing to have data?! If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated !

Thankss
    Last edited by ArnavKhosla; 03-24-11 at 05:24 PM.
    03-24-11 04:57 PM
    Go to options > memory, change the auto mass storage options to Prompt. Also make sure Mass Storage support is Yes. You didn't need to format the card, you didn't need to reinstall desktop manager. Those two things were unhelpful and caused you a loss.

You can, however, download and install OS 6 and give it a shot, there is a leaked/beta OS section and I will link it to you, but follow the threads I also link too, the first page will help on those threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/up...ortant-532840/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...s-read-545478/ (applies to the duplicate theme some users got, doesn't apply to just tmobile)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 07:12 PM
    Hey, so i downloaded the OS 6.00.344 or w.e its called haha, and then It told me to delete the Vendor.XML so i did and then i tried to run it and It just was asking to remove or add programs but, when the installation of the OS 6 software was done it asked if I wanted to open it when finished it opened the software update thing and then , i checked for other updates saw 6.0.0.01 or something I clicked it and it said the

"This BlackBerry Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."
    03-25-11 05:02 PM
    What was the "it" that opened up after installing the OS on your PC? Was it a popup window called InstallShield Wizard or was it DM? (Desktop Manager)
    I'm going to assume it was DM and that you tried to load the OS to your BB using DM? If that's the case, then using DM to do this is your problem.
    I'll get back to that.

First off, there are higher versions available than 344 that have resolved issues that build had. Rogers officially released 6.0.0.448 if I'm not mistaken. However I would recommend trying 461 which Telus released.
    On your PC, under the Start Menu select Control Panel. Select Programs and Features. (If you don't have Windows 7 it will have a slightly different but similar name.) When the program list updates, look for BlackBerry Device Software. (Don't delete the Desktop Software by accident! That's DM.) Single-click on that line to highlight the Device Software. At the top of the list, click Uninstall. A popup InstallShield Wizard will appear to run the uninstall.

Next, go here on your PC to download the version Telus just released, 6.0.0.461:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0
    * Just to be safe, use Internet Explorer to make this download, not Firefox or Chrome.

Save the file to your desktop so it's easy to find. Once downloaded, double-click it to install on your PC.
    Then you can follow this guide I'd put together:

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    03-25-11 06:54 PM
    I can't figure why Root suggest .344 to the OP

03-25-11 10:28 PM

Coz he is nuts and he just loves to spam to increase his post count...

03-26-11 07:58 PM
    One idea is to unplug any Internet connectivity to the computer u r using to upgrade

03-26-11 08:06 PM
    Coz he is nuts and he just loves to spam to increase his post count...

I was assuming OP was using an early version of OS 5, not 6. I dont spam, I don't do it for the post count either. Why do you keep insisting that I do it for that purpose? I only suggested that the op RELOAD THEIR OS. Never said to use this or that.

03-26-11 08:07 PM

I didn't suggest 6.0.0.344, I suggested they follow the steps in that thread to counter any errors. It obviously applies to any OS 6 build. It corrected the duplicate theme issue for me when using 6.0.0.448.

03-26-11 08:10 PM
    One idea is to unplug any Internet connectivity to the computer u r using to upgrade
    Not that turning off internet will do any harm, but this makes absolutely no difference whatsoever when using Loader to load the OS instead of DM.

Follow the directions I gave or any of the several other guides on here that all instruct you to use Loader... And use your internet while you're waiting!
    03-27-11 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD